GDT: 11/19/13, 10PM EST "Pumping Tires" - Panthers VS Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Gonna be a tough one. Nucks are in the "win now" mode and they are 3 points out of the last wild card spot while having played at least a game more than anyone else above them (3 games more than COL). They are 4-4-2 in their last 10 which in the West is pretty bad and have only one point in their last four games.

Pretty much a must win for them tonight. Wouldn´t be suprised if tonights game got ugly with them replacing Booth with Sestito.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Weaver still out (sickness). Bergenheim, Gomez are the other 2 scratches.

Would rather Bergy in but the Canucks are dressing their goon.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
If we can play the way we have over the last 3 games, good things will happen. I wont be watching this since I have class at 9 in the morning, and this game starts at 4 in the morning. I look forward to seeng the highlightstho! GO CATS!

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Canucks fan here wishing we had all listened to you Panthers fans about Booth. He's a healthy scratch tonight, by the way.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The Canucks will be looking for the Panthers to be their "medicine" just like every team does entering Panther's games. I know their fans do, just like all the other opposing team's fans do entering Panther's games. But I think we are improving and we will come up and shock some people (Anaheim, Colorado). If not, we will at least play well (Minnesota, NY). I'll take it, presently.

Erick*

Canucks fans seem to think that Jesse Winchester is a lightweight enforcer.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Gonna be a tough one. Nucks are in the "win now" mode and they are 3 points out of the last wild card spot while having played at least a game more than anyone else above them (3 games more than COL). They are 4-4-2 in their last 10 which in the West is pretty bad and have only one point in their last four games.

Pretty much a must win for them tonight. Wouldn´t be suprised if tonights game got ugly with them replacing Booth with Sestito.

How is any game a "must win" right now? It's still November...

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Canucks fan here wishing we had all listened to you Panthers fans about Booth. He's a healthy scratch tonight, by the way.

Lol it's not something any of us are happy with. He's a great guy and a fan favorite. The hit he took is something I won't forget.

Good luck and hope for a no injury game.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
How is any game a "must win" right now? It's still November...

Well literally of course not but their approach probably is something like that. West is looking really tough this year, I doubt they want to play their odds on going on long winning streaks against that competition which they have to do, if they keep playing like they have.

The point is I can see Torts have them fired up for this one. Their offense has struggled quite a bit lately and if that continues tonight I bet Torts will come up with some shenanigans

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sorry you have to wait until 10 p.m. We live in some weird alternate-dimension backwater city, to quote a Capitals fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
For a team that has as much talent as vancouver they should be embarrassed that theyre fighting for a playoff spot. Clearly, booth isnt their only problem.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Wait...I'm confused...which team is the Panthers again? I'm looking over the rosters and don't remember...or is tonight an intersquad scrimmage?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
ppl plis

i havent missed a game since '10-11 season and i live in sweden so it's +6

watch 'em all live. its called priorities

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
For a team that has as much talent as vancouver they should be embarrassed that theyre fighting for a playoff spot. Clearly, booth isnt their only problem.

Their SC window is closing, and new powerhouses have emerged in the West. The West is extremely tough now. The Stars, Canucks, and Avs would all be playoff teams in the East. No doubt in my mind.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I don't think they are a playoff team, the west is too good and they are past their prime. Nucks fans seriously believe that Mike Santorelli is a good hockey player (similar to what they thought when they acquired Booth) :laugh::laugh::laugh: despite all our posts saying its not. I guess like with Booth, they will have to find out the hard way. For this game, I say Canucks in a SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia