UemeYYC.png

Zq6bhe6.png

pq3lOTZ.png

RlQDYzR.png

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I figure this will be like the Jersey game. Back-to-back after an emotional win. Isles take it 3-1.

Luckily, I'll be at Cigar City Brewing tonight so I don't have to watch.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Islanders want revenge for last time and we are coming off a big win so this could go bad...But I predict Nabby has a big night against his former team and leads us to victory.

Go Lightning! :bolts

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I figure this will be like the Jersey game. Back-to-back after an emotional win. Isles take it 3-1.

Luckily, I'll be at Cigar City Brewing tonight so I don't have to watch.

I'll be there tonight at Nassau. My cousin lives about 10 mins from the arena. After last night, a loss here would not be the end of the world, but think they are going to still be pumped from that emotional night last night.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
“We get them on the back-to-back this time and we just want to be ready to play,†Islanders captain John Tavares said. “[We have to] just try to be a little bit more physical on the offensive side, on the fore check, be a little bit harder on them and try to generate a little more on our cycle.â€

“[Nikita] Kucherov is a real tricky player,†Tavares said. “He's got some great hands. He's very creative. [Tyler] Johnson is just a very underrated, smart player. He always seems to be in the right spot, very high hockey IQ and, obviously, can produce. Those couple guys can make a lot of plays and on their back end, they just have guys with a lot of size who move the puck well."

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I'll be there tonight at Nassau. My cousin lives about 10 mins from the arena. After last night, a loss here would not be the end of the world, but think they are going to still be pumped from that emotional night last night.

Nice avatar ;)

It'll be bittersweet seeing Nabby in a Tampa jersey tonight but here's to a good game!

I thought the Isles had the advantage tonight with you guys playing the 2nd half of a back to back but that looked more like a scrimmage with the way the Lightning stomped the raggies so I'm not so sure anymore.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Expecting a loss since its a back to back against a good team and Nabby is in net but would love a win. Not disrespecting Nabby but he's no Bish.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I predicted NYI win in my daily predictions. They know what we do when we've got rest, I'm not worried about it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice avatar ;)

It'll be bittersweet seeing Nabby in a Tampa jersey tonight but here's to a good game!

I thought the Isles had the advantage tonight with you guys playing the 2nd half of a back to back but that looked more like a scrimmage with the way the Lightning stomped the raggies so I'm not so sure anymore.

LOL, thanks. My cousin is actually from Medford, moved to Lynbrook this past summer.

I think there is a chance Bish might start tonight, was hardly challenged but it would be cool to see Nabby back at Nassau. Another reunion.

After tonight will be rooting for you guys to give the Rangers a hard time this season, you guys have a good team with a good future, and Taveras is one sexy beast.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Emotional but not very physically draining game last night. I expect us to still have our legs. If Nabby can keep the Isles to 3 goals or less, we win this game.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope we keep seeing that Stamkos from last night. That Stamkos was good.

Stamkos was the best I've seen him since maybe the Montreal game. Making great passes, getting into the dirty areas, and crashing towards the net, and just creating scoring chances.

The top line is starting to really show a lot of chemistry now. MSG commentators called it a powerhouse line.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos was the best I've seen him since maybe the Montreal game. Making great passes, getting into the dirty areas, and crashing towards the net, and just creating scoring chances.

The top line is starting to really show a lot of chemistry now. MSG commentators called it a powerhouse line.

You're new here, so you probably scratch your head a bit as to why we've been so concerned. We had MSL+Stamkos for so long with their chemistry, I don't recall a time that we'd seen the top line so ineffective except when Stamkos went out. It takes awhile to learn your linemates, and Stamkos never played with Flip on his wing before, or Callahan really. I'm glad Coop was patient - hopefully they keep being so productive.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like Morrow and Brown will switch places, rest of the line-up looks to be the same.

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO

Nabokov in net tonight vs #NYI; other lineup changes unconfirmed but looks like Brown in for Morrow: Brewer looks out again, too

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Looks like Morrow and Brown will switch places, rest of the line-up looks to be the same.

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO

Barbs may have earned himself a roster spot. Of course, when Hedman gets back it's all ****ed up again, but whatever.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're new here, so you probably scratch your head a bit as to why we've been so concerned. We had MSL+Stamkos for so long with their chemistry, I don't recall a time that we'd seen the top line so ineffective except when Stamkos went out. It takes awhile to learn your linemates, and Stamkos never played with Flip on his wing before, or Callahan really. I'm glad Coop was patient - hopefully they keep being so productive.

Yeah I take your guys word and starting to see your concerns as I keep watching more games. It took a little time but these guys seem to be finding chemistry, and are building on that.

Question is, does this line stay together 40 or so games into the season?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah I take your guys word and starting to see your concerns as I keep watching more games. It took a little time but these guys seem to be finding chemistry, and are building on that.

Question is, does this line stay together 40 or so games into the season?

Why not? No reason to rush Drouin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad