GDT: 11/13/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Great win, Vassy unbelievable, but . . . good god, this team can't win a faceoff to save their lives. Hard to win when you never have the puck.

Reactions: Hoek

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Sure, but we've been blessed with the commentators we've had. Peckham, Engblom, Randorf... all quality guys. No one's ever gonna get to Peckham's level but you couldn't have asked for a better replacement.
Peckham was in a tier of guys of which there were/are very few but Randorf is excellent. No complaints there. As for Engblom, outstanding knowledge subverted by (ad)verbal diarrhea. "Why say in ten words what you can say in a hundred" is his motto.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Lol, the Panthers GDT is hilarious, some of them acting like they dominated the whole game and "were the better team," just unlucky or outgoaltended. Last I checked goaltending was part of the game...

MoneyPuck.com

Lol. Expected goals were 2.80-2.78 in favor of Florida. Almost the definition of splitting hairs. A margin so tight that it no doubt would fall inside the margin for error in models like this. A 2-2 game in regulation was a perfectly fair result. 3v3 OT afterwards is just a dumb coin flip.

Reactions: Hoek and JTBF81

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Has Florida considered just beating us in the regular season? Might be a good trial to maybe winning a couple of playoffs games.

seems simple to me?

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Has Florida considered just beating us in the regular season? Might be a good trial to maybe winning a couple of playoffs games.

seems simple to me?

Florida went 5-2 against us in regulation games last season. Of course, how much weight you wanna place on games they win where Kucherov isn't in the lineup is up to you. Counting this year, they're 6-2 in regulation against us in 2021 without Kucherov, but of course, with Kucherov, we won the majority of the games that people actually care about.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I get so fired up when Point fights. Even when they separate, he wanted more and Hornqvist backed off immediately...says all you need to know.

That fight, some of the saves by Vasy and obviously the OT winner were the highlights of the game. Wasn't much going on otherwise to be honest, but those moments kept it from being dull.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Don't look now, but the Lightning are riding a 7 game point streak.

If you told me after opening night, that the Lightning were only going to lose in regulation 2 more times over the course of the next 30 days, I wouldn't have believed you.

What's even more impressive is that this team looks like they have a lot of runway to improve.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You mean there was no reason to panic after 3 games?

Say it ain't so.
Thank you. We're down Cernak and Kucherov, we lost our whole 3rd line our PP is trash and yet here we are nearly having beaten 2 teams with 10 wins already in our last 2 games and in regulation.

Why panic now?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Still room for improvement, but we are without a top 3 player in the world and can't get our top 6D to be healthy and in the lineup at the same time. Also, if the PP would stop being abysmal then we would see a LOT of issues disappear or at least get covered up.

In any case, we are right in the running with all the hot start teams even though we "slumped" to start the season. Still a lot of season to go and we really don't have any ground to make up. That's important because we don't want to put ourselves in a position where we need to go on a long hot streak just to catch up in February or March. The key is to be in the mix and use the hot streak to pull away from the field and carry over to the postseason on a burner.

Reactions: BoltSTH and Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bogosian had an excellent first game back, if he can continue like this and slot next to Hedman our RHD is far from weak. Rutta is having a solid, solid season right now too, he's really holding his own out there. The biggest gafs on defense have been Hedman and Sergachev but that's not really worrisome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad