GDT: 11/13/14 - 7:30PM EDT - San Jose VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Brutal, guessing he didn't learn from last season.

Third line was bad too.

After the second (I think), went back to Flip-Stamkos-Callahan, kept the second (can I start referring to this line as our top line?), and Namest/Drouin/Killorn on the third, although Palat was in the dressing room for a bit, so it got a bit more mixed up after that.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Can't wait for MSL to skate by our whole team twice over the next few weeks. At least the dude has heart.

These ****ers don't even look like they want to be out there. Stamkos needs to stop it with the pity party and get the **** over his broken ass leg. Dude, you're fine. If you're not, adapt.

It's so sad that a MSL who didn't want to be on the team still gave more effort than Stamkos does.

But if there's one team in the league I don't wanna get blown out by, it's the Rangers, you'd never hear the end of it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
After Colorados losses recently Roy had enough and told the team that if they were not going to skate during the games, they will skate during practise and put them through some though skating drills that hurt but you know what, it seem to have worked becuase according to those who watched the colorado – rangers game they played really well and wound up winning in a shootout, maybe Cooper needs to channel some Roy and try that with this team when they don’t play the way they can.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
After Colorados losses recently Roy had enough and told the team that if they were not going to skate during the games, they will skate during practise and put them through some though skating drills that hurt but you know what, it seem to have worked becuase according to those who watched the colorado – rangers game they played really well and wound up winning in a shootout, maybe Cooper needs to channel some Roy and try that with this team when they don’t play the way they can.

You probably don't want to do a bag skate right before you start a 3 in 4 nights situation.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bish was great, especially in the 1st period. What a move by Callahan later on (I think it was in the 2nd)!

The effort was just not there...

Sup with our 4th line though? They didn't get much love:
Boyle 9:23
Brown 8:50
Morrow 6:23

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The next three games could be very emotional for a couple of players on our team (Nabby and Islanders, Cally, Stralsy and Boyler and the rangers) and I hope to see the rest of the team helping them out by playing hard and help show those teams why they should regret not having our players on their team, I also would like the team to show a certain someone why he shouldn’t have left (even if we’re now happy he did).

You probably don't want to do a bag skate right before you start a 3 in 4 nights situation.

True, I dunno, but something have to be done and soon and in colorados case it seem to have worked becuase the team did not want to have another practise like that so they played better.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh - and holy ****, where was the puck support? They outnumbered us on the wall no matter where it was - people standing around and waiting for the puck to be gifted to them.

Sit Killorn, put Paquette in. I can't see what Killorn brings anymore. I forgot he was out there tonight.

Not even an over reaction, but I don't either tbh. He's too slow for system, not strong enough to be a power forward, and doesn't have the hands or skill to be a strong possession player, he looked his best with SS/MSL but even that was short lived.

Killorn has been noticed by a quite a few teams ever since last year, he has great value right now.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Killorn is not a top-6 forward but if Cooper keeps insisting to play him as one (though he seem to have understood that it didn’t work during the game since he put him on the 3rd line and moved Cally and Filn back with Stamkos) and I do feel that Paquette contributes more on the 3rd line (4 goals to be exact) so I’d rather have him there permenanlty and try and see if we could get a defensman for him (maybe see if NJD is interested in him for Adam Larsson since they have an older team upfront and could use some youth) but either way he either have to get more consistant or Cooper have to scratch him becuase you can’t have a player out there that keeps bring every line he is on down when the whole team is struggeling like they are.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The team wasted a stellar performance from Bishop. Those two goals weren't in no way shape or form of Ben's responsibility. A real shame. First time I've been annoyed watching a TB games this year. No need for concern yet though, it's a long season and an entire line-up slumping happens sometime. More than a win, a great effort is needed next time out.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I picked a pretty poor game to come over for! Frustrating game from start to finish. No need to panic though - games like this happen. Very weak effort from the whole team but the Sharks still needed some huge saves by Niemi to come away with the win!

On a brighter note - I had a free tour of the arena before the game. Very cool to walk out on Nhl ice!

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
The frustration level of the crowd at the game last night was noticeably high. With the exception of Bishop and Callahan, the rest of the team didn't appear to give a crap. The last few minutes of that game were just infuriating and don't get me started on the 5 on 3.

Maybe it's me, but Brewer seems to have gotten markedly slower even from the beginning of the season. Maybe it's the additional minutes due to Hedman's injury, but sweet baby hockey jeebus that guy has no legs.

I hope for better on Saturday, since I'll be taking friends from Toronto the game. They're not Leafs fans at least, but I'd like to show them a good hockey game. It's the Isles, though, and we always play horribly against them for some reason.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can't wait for MSL to skate by our whole team twice over the next few weeks. At least the dude has heart.

These ****ers don't even look like they want to be out there. Stamkos needs to stop it with the pity party and get the **** over his broken ass leg. Dude, you're fine. If you're not, adapt.

No offense, but the guy that was traded for him showed the most effort and heart last night, next to Bishop of course.

Wish he got that deflection goal last night, deserved it more.

Why Killorn was on that line was beyond me, the guy looks like a lost puppy out there.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The next three games could be very emotional for a couple of players on our team (Nabby and Islanders, Cally, Stralsy and Boyler and the rangers) and I hope to see the rest of the team helping them out by playing hard and help show those teams why they should regret not having our players on their team, I also would like the team to show a certain someone why he shouldn’t have left (even if we’re now happy he did).

True, I dunno, but something have to be done and soon and in colorados case it seem to have worked becuase the team did not want to have another practise like that so they played better.

Yeah, but it's not like Colorado could have been doing any worse lately. It's kind of like the goalie gambit--we're already going to lose so why not make a risky move?

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
May be it was because the new jerseys are so bad to look at, no one wanted to look up and see if there was teammate to pass to, in case they were facing him?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
May be it was because the new jerseys are so bad to look at, no one wanted to look up and see if there was teammate to pass to, in case they were facing him?

Surprised we did not make a full comeback. I mean since we look like the LA kings, and we all know how San Jose does against LA when they are up. Lol

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City
Everytime I see Brewer and Sustr jump on the ice, I start panicking ahahah. Seriously they are awful, always having troubles to get out of the d-zone,

flipping pucks everywhere they can (Brewer to Boyle yesterday :shakehead) in the glass, icing it, on the other team stick aggggggggrrr. Seriously we miss

Hedman for that, at least one of those two would be in the pressbox. Yeah, Sustr is young and righty, so let him develop in the AHL. I don't know what

Cooper has against Barberio? He was on his winning team in Norfolk and was also named D-man of the year. I still think he has better offense upside than

Brewer and Sustr, also he is lot faster. Except that, I still think the Bolts don't play enough the body, always the puck. It's why they get sometimes

dominated in possession and shots against skilled teams (see Chicago and Sharks). Yeah, we don't have a big physical team, but still anyone in the NHL

should be able to push a guy away from the puck or at least, let him out of the crease. Bishop was stellar, saved them in the last 2 games. Paquette will

probably get sent down, I think he will finish the year in Tampa. Drouin should get top lines time, he is starting to get that kind of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad