Recalled/Assigned: 11/12 Grosenick to SJ (Dell to Worcester); Stalock to IR

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I posted that in the Sharks news and notes thread because I wasn't sure if it was a normal or emergency re-call.

If it's a regular one they're going to have make another roster move to open up a spot.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Ben Guerrero @brguerrero
The #SJSharks recall Troy Grosenick from Worcester. 7-2-1 w/a 2.73 GAA and .908 SV% in 10 AHL games. Leads AHL in wins. Alex Stalock to IR

And there you go.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
That means that Grosenick will probably be making his NHL debut/start either Saturday or Sunday with the back-to-backs.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That means that Grosenick will probably be making his NHL debut/start either Saturday or Sunday with the back-to-backs.

It's very, very, very rare that I'd suggest giving a goalie back to back starts...this would be one of those times I'd suggest it.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Possible concussion symptoms from head hitting the ice after Roussel hit???

He went through the morning skate and the pre-game skate and was on the bench during the game. I don't think that's what it is.

He may have tweaked a groin or something during the pre-game skate.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 12m12 minutes ago

#SJSharks goalie Alex Stalock placed on injured reserve with a lower body injury; is returning to California to see a doctor

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 5m5 minutes ago

Asked if hit by Roussel on Sat. had something to do with Stalock's injury, #SJSharks McLellan said, "I don't believe it is ...

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 3m3 minutes ago

" ... it may have something to do with it. It could have been accentuated by that, but I don't think it's directly related," McLellan said.

NOT GOOD......

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It's very, very, very rare that I'd suggest giving a goalie back to back starts...this would be one of those times I'd suggest it.

With so many calling for the trading of Niemi, perhaps Grosenick should get a start to see what he's got at the NHL.

(You know the team will be playing for him.)

[nhl]670028[/nhl]

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Hasn't been looking great this season? From the limited amount I've read around here, he was playing very well last season, no?

He's been pretty good in the AHL, he's nowhere near ready to play in the NHL.

With so many calling for the trading of Niemi, perhaps Grosenick should get a start to see what he's got at the NHL.

(You know the team will be playing for him.)

I'm not one of those people. I still think that putting in the players that give you the best chance of winning is a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad