GDT: 11/12 Game 15 - Colorado at BRUINS 7PM NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Colorado comes in tomorrow night after a very easy win in Philadelphia.

[NHL]2015020218-X-h[/NHL]

The Flyers may have been banking on an easy 2 points so this result should make the Bruins aware that they need to play 60 minutes

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_29100076/avalanche-starts-season-long-road-trip-4-0

PHILADELPHIA — When the Avalanche wins — however rare it has been this season — it usually goes big.

In Colorado's four triumphs entering Tuesday, three ended with a three-goal cushion. They were dominant victories against Dallas (6-3), at Anaheim (3-0) and vs. Calgary (6-3).

A similar result unfolded at the Wells Fargo Center to begin a seven-game road trip. The Avs (5-9-1) pounded the Philadelphia Flyers (5-7-3) 4-0 behind Matt Duchene's two goals and the second-luckiest goal in Jarome Iginla's distinguished career — which features 596 of them.

Goalie Reto Berra — Colorado's new No. 1 guy? — was poised in net, and fourth-line role player Cody McLeod scored on a skilled wrap-around to make it 4-0 early in the third period. The Avs produced their 35th shot with 15 minutes to play and ended with 40 in dominating throughout.

Philly had just 14 shots after two periods Colorado committed just one penalty — by rookie Andreas Martinsen, who was making his NHL debut — in what coach Patrick Roy said was his team's best game of the young season.

"We managed our game well," Roy said. "We kept the length of our shifts short. I thought we possessed the puck. I was very pleased with our performance."

The way the Avs are winning doesn't change the fact that they're losing the tight games. In one-goal games, they are 1-7-1.

As the final buzzer sounded Tuesday, what was left of the Wells Fargo Center crowd serenaded the Flyers with loud boos as they skated to the locker room.

It was well-deserved.

Colorado 4, Flyers 0.

The Flyers had talked about bringing momentum home from a nice win Saturday in Winnipeg that ended a 1-3-1 road trip, but apparently, they left it in customs.

"We're embarrassed. They're probably embarrassed," Flyers winger Ryan White said when asked about the boos.

The Avalanche, who began the night as the Western Conference's worst team, finished with a 40-25 shots advantage and skated circles around the Flyers.

"It wasn't a pretty game to watch," captain Claude Giroux said.". . . We need to play better together, support each other and play as a team. It's definitely not that the guys don't care. We have guys that work hard. They come to the rink every day and they're proud to be a Flyer. One day we're going to come together and, day in and day out, play as a team."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ut_loss_to_Avalanche.html#0u21uJe9hW6yjFIB.99

Last edited:

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Time to get back on a roll boys. Plenty of rest for this one, better come out with rockets up your *****.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Really excited for the game hope they play hard from the start and don't let down when they get a lead. I still think they have a lot more to show than they have so far. Still hoping K. Miller gets sat for Morrow but I don't expect it happening. Other than that I love the lineup we have, much more than last year.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I doubt the Flyers were banking on an easy 2 points considering they suck themselves.

I think it says something about Colorado and how inconsistent they are that they're 12th in the West but only a -2 in goal differential. The team with the same amount of points, Calgary, is -23. Hopefully we get the sucky Avalanche tomorrow.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Could be an ugly game, Avs seem to have regained their skating and scoring.

Hope the Bruins have their skating legs primed.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Hoping for a 7-8 points on this 5 game home stand

Get the 2 Tommorow to kick it off....need to start taking care of business in our building

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
We need to get some good games going.

Playing a full 60 and getting solid games from forward's, defense and goal tending are important. They need a good skating game tonight.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I've missed the last 3 games. Definitely excited to see what Vatrano brings.

I hope to see Kevan Miller is in the press box and Morrow playing! Doubt that'll happen

Looking ahead, 2 of our next 7 are against DET and another 2 against TOR. Those games against DET are huge considering we'll probably be battling for playoffs with them and FLA and OTT. Also, we should be taking points against TOR whenver we can. Can't be letting "should win" games slip away.

CrazyEights

Apr 18, 2015
It's hard to believe that the Bs haven't beaten the Avs at home since March 30, 1998. :amazed:

But every streak has to end someday, so why not tonight. :)

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
get out of work early today but have to go to a Dr. appt. They better get me home on time for puck drop.

Longest work day ever!!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Why wouldn't Krug play ? or is this sarcasm in that he hasn't shown up lately?
Guessing the later.

Torey Krug missed his second consecutive day of practice, after the team took an off day Monday. Julien had called it a maintenance day Tuesday, which Sweeney echoed Wednesday, though he added, “He’s just dealing with something small, so he just took another day today.†Julien said he would “be leaning more toward yes than no,†when asked if Krug would play Thursday against Colorado
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...acture-foot/AXhOxp1CXbIGNJJTy0ncRK/story.html

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I love this, everyone knows what our weakness is and yet we do nothing to fix that, instead punish LD trio which has been pretty good thsi far.
Also the speed/puck moving on Seidenberg-McQuaid will be interesting.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
That 6 really scares me. I have no faith Seidenberg is going to do anything beyond reduce the mobility of our defense. Hopefully he proves me wrong but if I was Sweeney I'd be doing anything I could to move him somewhere.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Time to make the Garden hard to play in again. Need to kill it on this home stand.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I'm happy that people are excited for Seidenberg but I just don't see it. If he's paired with McQuaid then I feel bad for whatever O-line is on the ice with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad