GDT: 11/11/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
honestly the way we play must be hell for a goalie. there's no low danger chances just complete boredom until we give up a random breakaway

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think he's done the best he can with the team that playing in front of him. Almost stealing games like the one against Carolina.

When the team is playing poorly its super easy to just blame the goalie, but Vassy is NOT the problem. Not even close.

One of the biggest criticisms opposing fans send Vasy's way is "look at the team in front of him, of course his stats will be good".

We've always defended him and said he's just flat out a good goalie. Now we're going to revert to saying things opposing fans say "well look at the team in front of him". Nah, he's just playing poorly and it's okay to admit it.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Again...no one is entirely blaming Vasy.

It a total team failure.

They all get blame including the staff.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i wonder what the problem with our team is :huh: if only there was a way to tell
1668237046051.png

1668237117069.png

Reactions: Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This board starting to turn into Montreal's, can't blame Vasi cause he's got no defense, but he makes 9.5M so there's no money for defense. At the end of the day he has a .901save% and 3.11 GAA, there are worse goalies on worse teams with better numbers, half the team is under performing right now Vasi included on that list.

Reactions: T REX

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just seems like they've had our number for the longest time, along with Pittsburg.
Yeah, I hear you. I've wanted to avoid them in the playoffs forever. Feels like no lead is safe. And Ovy scores at will.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did you blame Vasy yet? If not, your opinion doesn't count.
I think pretty much everybody has had a share. The ugly little secret is Vasy hasnt been VASY in quite a while. Since the last cup.

That's not to say it's all his fault. It's a lot of people's fault.

Reactions: T REX

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
How many of ya'll are still shrugging off the loss of McDonagh?
Me. He wouldn’t make a difference. Seen any preds games?

Ian cole has been a serviceable LD shotblocking replacement.

Actually I think with the addition of perbix and when bogo comes back our defense will be better than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I think pretty much everybody has had a share. The ugly little secret is Vasy hasnt been VASY in quite a while. Since the last cup.

That's not to say it's all his fault. It's a lot of people's fault.
This is a fair statement. Plenty blame to go around but to think Vasy is above blame is idiotic. He isn't playing well along with many others.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a fair statement. Plenty blame to go around but to think Vasy is above blame is idiotic. He isn't playing well along with many others.
He's playing okay, but not elite. So it's to be expected that he's gonna catch some flack when he's got one of the big contracts. It's kind of like when Stamkos was scoring 70 points and being a defensive liability at the same time. He scrubbed that up and the criticism went away.

I am NOT saying the way we look right now is on Vasy. There have been times in the past when the team has looked great and Vasy was struggling -- and also times when the team was struggling and Vasy was keeping them afloat. What's happening right now the team just doesn't look good enough, which isn't a huge surprise given the key guys we lost in the off-season, and to injury, AND Vasy looks human.

Vasy is already a Hall of Famer. But last season was kind of hot and cold for him, and he didn't have a whole lot of consistently elite runs, which is how he made his name. He still jumped up and stole the odd game, for sure. But you have to go back a couple of seasons to see the Vasy who built his legacy.

I still wouldn't want any other goalie. Just saying that it's fair to criticize him, just like it's fair to criticize anyone else. I would totally disagree with anyone saying this is all on him, or that he's been the key reason we aren't looking good, or even that he's been really bad. Same as I think it's fair to criticize anybody who's not living up to their contract. You give certain guys more of a pass than others, and Vasy is one of them, because they have a history of showing up in the biggest games.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad