Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #11 - 11/03/2014

vs
(6-3-1) ____________ (5-4-1)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, TVA, SN, FS-MW

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@STL 10/09/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - BLUES.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

You try to stay in as good a shape as possible and you do the things off the ice to prepare yourself.
You never expect for something like that to happen, to lose 2 d-men in the 1st period, but you try to play smart out there.
Use your energy wisely and try to make as many good plays as possible and play in the O-zone if you can.
- Matt Hunwick

You make some bad plays here and there, but ultimately, you get back out there and play hard.
It’s good to see that the coaching staff has got the confidence in me to do so.
- Mike Kostka

Some people have said that he’s been sort of a slow starter in the past.
I’ve only been here for 2 years but right now, the last 2 games, this is the Staal that I got used to when he’s at the top of his game
Right now, with the personnel that we have, we need him to play at his best.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ST. LOUIS BLUES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 10 | GF | 25
W | 6 | GA | 20
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.40
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 1.90
Pts | 13 | PIM/G | 10.7
HOME | 4-2-0 | PP% | 20.5
AWAY | 2-1-1 | PK% | 75.7
STREAK | W4 | FO% | 53.1

Division | 3rd
Conference | 8th
League | 14th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Vladimir Tarasenko | 6 Assists | Kevin Shattenkirk | 8 Points | Vladimir Tarasenko | 11 + / - | Vladimir Tarasenko | +8 Shots | Vladimir Tarasenko | 45 Hits | Ryan Reaves | 28 Blocks | Alex Pietrangelo | 23 PIM | Steve Ott | 13 FO% | Jori Lehtera | 60.0 TOI/G F: | Alex Steen | 20:37 TOI/G D: | Alex Pietrangelo | 25:26

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Jaden Schwartz | David Backes (C) | Joakim Lindstrom
Alex Steen (A) | Jori Lehtera | Vladimir Tarasenko
Magnus Paajarvi | Patrik Berglund | Steve Ott
Ryan Reaves | Maxim Lapierre | Chris Porter

LD | RD
Jay Bouwmeester | Alex Pietrangelo
Carl Gunnarsson | Kevin Shattenkirk
Ian Cole | Barret Jackman (A)

Scratched
Jordan Leopold|
Dmitrij Jaskin|

STARTING GOALIE:

Elliott-Brian.png

Brian Elliott

GPI: 7 | W: 4 | L: 2 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .919 | GAA: 1.96 | SA: 173 | GA: 14 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

T.J. Oshie | Concussion (DTD)
Paul Stastny | Wrist (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 10 | GF | 27
W | 5 | GA | 31
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.60
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 11 | PIM/G | 13.3
HOME | 3-2-1 | PP% | 7.1
AWAY | 2-2-0 | PK% | 83.8
STREAK | OT1 | FO% | 49.0

Division | 4th
Conference | 11th
League | 22nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 9 Assists | Martin St. Louis | 5 Points | Rick Nash | 11 + / - | Rick Nash | +6 Shots | Rick Nash | 29 Hits | Tanner Glass | 30 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 21 PIM | Chris Kreider | 38 FO% | Derick Brassard | 55.5 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:45 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 25:25

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello?
Chris Kreider | Martin St. Louis (A) | Anthony Duclair
Carl Hagelin | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak
Kevin Hayes | Chris Mueller | Tanner Glass

LD | RD
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Girardi (A)
Matt Hunwick | Mike Kostka
Dylan McIlrath | Conor Allen

Scratched
Ryan Malone|

STARTING GOALIE:

TalbotCam.png

Cam Talbot

GPI: 2 | W: 0 | L: 1 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .886 | GAA: 2.89 | SA: 35 | GA: 4 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

John Moore | Suspended
Derek Stepan | Lower body (DTD)
Kevin Klein | Ankle (DTD)
Dan Boyle | Broken hand (IR)
Ryan McDonagh | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's incredible how absolutely demolished by injuries we are. Missing 4 dmen. Zuccarello gametime decision. Stepan can't go.

The Rangers have been relatively lucky the past couple of years, but talk about piling it on :shakehead

Would love to see some steady play from McIlrath in what will surely be a tough opposing matchup for him and Allen. I went to sleep last night with a weird feeling that McI pots one tonight. No idea why.

Happy that Malone cleared, good to have him around for today, obviously. Curious what happens if Zucc can go, what happens with Malone. Would he report to HFD? Anyway...

Need a real team effort tonight.

LGR

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This will either be a "gutsy" win or an abomination.

Getting a sound byte of 'Taps' ready for this one.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
LOL at that defense. Looks like a HUT team.

Anyways, AV's comments on Staal should quiet some of the haters who think he has lost a step and can easily be traded/replaced. The guy was stellar the other night along with Girardi (another guy who received flack last year when his contract was up). I know people want more points out of our defensemen but those two guys provide such steady defense in front of Henrik. Leadership as well. You bet your ass Staal and Girardi were helping direct Kostka and Hunwick as that game progressed. Staal shouldn't go anywhere. I don't care if we lose him for nothing. We need him for a cup run. This team will heal and we will come together.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 1m1 minute ago
#Rangers are 67-38-6 in November since the start of the 2005-06 season. Their 67 November wins are the most in the #NHL since '05-'06.

Interesting.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You can look to henrik Lundqvist for that

Generally speaking he is stellar in November.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Still makes no sense playing talbot tonight. Hanks played one game in like 10 days. Talbot should be plAying in Toronto This weekend and another game next week. With How depleted we are to them throw in your backup when your number one just got a ton of rest is stupid. He needs rhythm too and isn't getting it right now

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So much of our success under AV is predicated on our breakouts we lose a lot of speed with these injuries on d that's a bigger issue than the guys actually defending IMO

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Everyone stop crying about injuries already suck it up because the Rangers wont use it as an excuse

No one is crying about injuries. We're saying they suck, because they do. No one is using it as an excuse either. Most posters are saying that we need a real team effort towards a gutsy win tonight.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc out with injury. He was struggling against the Jets with what looked like a sore groin. My guess is a groin injury. Hopefully not too stretched.... :(

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
No one is crying about injuries. We're saying they suck, because they do. No one is using it as an excuse either. Most posters are saying that we need a real team effort towards a gutsy win tonight.

Injuries are a part of the game, but when 4 out of 6 regular defenders are out, the team´s first center is out, and now just to top it all with Zucc who clearly was on his way to find his game, one have to say that it is bad luck.

On the other hand, Oshie and Stastny out for the Blues, and the team knows that they have to play with all their heart tonight. It might just be possible to grab at least a point.

AHB*

Still makes no sense playing talbot tonight. Hanks played one game in like 10 days. Talbot should be plAying in Toronto This weekend and another game next week. With How depleted we are to them throw in your backup when your number one just got a ton of rest is stupid. He needs rhythm too and isn't getting it right now

It makes sense. Talbot hasn't played in eons. They want to get him games. He needs to stay fresh to keep Hank fresh. They pick these games out before the season starts and try not to deviate from them.

I would bet that he plays tonight, then plays again this weekend and possibly even another game next week.

It's not a big deal, Hank will play Wednesday after 2 days of rest.

There is a major difference in Lundqvist's play towards the end of the year when he is well rested.

Not everything needs to be micro-managed. Don't deviate from the plan because of injuries. It's only November. The season is a marathon.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
That lineup scares me, but what can you do?

Everyone needs to step up, big time.

This could be a real character win, or a very embarrassing loss.

The second pair unnerves me more than the third, but I hope Kostka can have another decent game. He still coughed up the puck a few times last game, but it didn't end up in the back of the net.

McIlrath and Allen just need to play a simple, tough game. If someone makes a great play to beat you, so be it, but don't make a huge mistake and give one away.

Also, shouldn't McIlrath and Allen be switched in that lineup?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I just want to see McIlrath absolutely plaster Tarasenko. I hope they have to peel his ass off the ice and scrub the tire tracks off his jersey. Tired of hearing about him every time we talk about McIlrath.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Just keep the game simple. Get pucks deep and get to the net. Need good back pressure from the forwards and keep them away from the net in the offensive zone. Protect the house

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I just want to see McIlrath absolutely plaster Tarasenko. I hope they have to peel his ass off the ice and scrub the tire tracks off his jersey. Tired of hearing about him every time we talk about McIlrath.

lol this.

Tarasenko's not even the best player we passed on McI for. There are a handful of players that aren't Tarasenko I'd have drafted. He's simply a buzzword for calling McI a bad pick.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's winnable.

Better to have McIlrath and Allen in the lineup than to go with 4-d men like we did for almost all of the last game. If the Rangers forwards get chances like they did in the last game and actually finish some of them and they help out the D we can win this.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
lol this.

Tarasenko's not even the best player we passed on McI for. There are a handful of players that aren't Tarasenko I'd have drafted. He's simply a buzzword for calling McI a bad pick.

I get that. It just gets exhausting with posters harping on the one time they called a pick better than who we ended up taking. The Stepan draft pick thread is the perfect example of the other side of this.

I mean, I personally wanted Gormley. Drafted 3 picks after McIlrath. Still only has 5 career NHL games. Many people thought he was the most NHL-ready D in that draft, and 4 years later, he still hasn't solidified himself in the NHL.

In fact, when you run down the list of 2010 first round D, there's only really one or two guys who are clearly ahead of McIlrath.

#3 - Gudbranson: 178GP, only 23P and -43
Rushed onto a crappy Panthers team, but certainly hasn't been very good. Would have to give him the edge over McI at this point because he's actually in the NHL, but that could change once McI makes the big club.

#12 Fowler: 278GP, 124P, -37
Far and away the best first round D. Obviously better now and going forward than McI.

#13 Gormley: 5GP, 0P, +4
Has looked good at the AHL level, but hasn't been able to win an NHL job. Push.

#15 Forbort: 0GP
Hasn't even played one NHL game. McI edge.

#22 Tinordi: 38GP, 6P, -2
Probably the best comparison to McI in the first round. Has done nothing at the NHL level thus far, but still gets the edge over McI for just making the big show.

#23 Pysyk: 63 GP, 12P, -18
Didn't do all that great during his stint in the NHL, and now he's back in the AHL. Push.

Out of that list, only Fowler is really head and shoulders above McIlrath at this point in time. Defensemen take time.

Comparing McIlrath to other 2010 first round D is really the only fair comparison. So you wanted a forward? That's great, but completely immaterial to the topic of McIlrath's development.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I get that. It just gets exhausting with posters harping on the one time they called a pick better than who we ended up taking. The Stepan draft pick thread is the perfect example of the other side of this.

I mean, I personally wanted Gormley. Drafted 3 picks after McIlrath. Still only has 5 career NHL games. Many people thought he was the most NHL-ready D in that draft, and 4 years later, he still hasn't solidified himself in the NHL.

In fact, when you run down the list of 2010 first round D, there's only really one or two guys who are clearly ahead of McIlrath.

#3 - Gudbranson: 178GP, only 23P and -43
Rushed onto a crappy Panthers team, but certainly hasn't been very good. Would have to give him the edge over McI at this point because he's actually in the NHL, but that could change once McI makes the big club.

#12 Fowler: 278GP, 124P, -37
Far and away the best first round D. Obviously better now and going forward than McI.

#13 Gormley: 5GP, 0P, +4
Has looked good at the AHL level, but hasn't been able to win an NHL job. Push.

#15 Forbort: 0GP
Hasn't even played one NHL game. McI edge.

#22 Tinordi: 38GP, 6P, -2
Probably the best comparison to McI in the first round. Has done nothing at the NHL level thus far, but still gets the edge over McI for just making the big show.

#23 Pysyk: 63 GP, 12P, -18
Didn't do all that great during his stint in the NHL, and now he's back in the AHL. Push.

Out of that list, only Fowler is really head and shoulders above McIlrath at this point in time. Defensemen take time.

Comparing McIlrath to other 2010 first round D is really the only fair comparison. So you wanted a forward? That's great, but completely immaterial to the topic of McIlrath's development.

If our defense was as awful as Montreal's, McIlrath would be in a similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad