fKm1FNv.png

r9L5cTv.png

8bNQGPZ.png

DQY29L7.png

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We play with actual poise now, which is why we're never out of games. It doesn't feel the same as years past when we'd get down and then just rely on opportunistic skill to get back in the game. We start to take over games now. The bad starts are a concern, obviously, but this feels like a much more mature team. ...Or maybe it's just a team with a more dependable defensive strategy. It's probably tough to tell the difference.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
#FireCooper

Well, it's pretty obvious we did have one pretty big coaching problem. It just might not have been Cooper, or, at least, not totally Cooper. So the "it's the players' fault" narrative has the same merit as the "fire Cooper" narrative.

It might have been neither. Although I would argue one side of the argument at least had the problem itself pinned down, that it was strategic and systematic. The players weren't "lazy" on the PK, for instance. They were following instructions. It just might not have been Cooper's instructions.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Anderson to start for them tonight, would have thought that they would have used there back up tonight and saved Anderson for the Panthers. Hedman back tonight though:nod:

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Heddy back tonight, which is obviously great news!

I actually feel bad for KK, assuming he’s scratched tonight. He’s played really well. I actually think he’s outplayed Serge to some degree, but Serge isn’t coming out of the lineup, nor should he given the upside.

I believe KK is a RFA next year. Given the expected Dman turnover I think he replaces Coburn next year IF he can sustain this level most of the season when given opportunities.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Heddy back tonight, which is obviously great news!

I actually feel bad for KK, assuming he’s scratched tonight. He’s played really well. I actually think he’s outplayed Serge to some degree, but Serge isn’t coming out of the lineup, nor should he given the upside.

I believe KK is a RFA next year. Given the expected Dman turnover I think he replaces Coburn next year IF he can sustain this level most of the season when given opportunities.

It's a shame, I think KK has too much upside for the role he's in. Injury fill in. Kid could be a #3, but won't get that opportunity here. Hopefully another team not in the division sees that and offers up enough to make a win-win deal happen.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
KK has played well enough to at least get into a rotation. I don't know if Cooper will do that, but we obviously should, for the sake of our future. We could really use this guy playing well going into next year.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Dzingel-Duchene-Paul
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-Ryan
McCormick-Pyatt-Paajarvi

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Ceci
Borowiecki-Jaros
Wideman

The second line is a new line for Ottawa

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well, it's pretty obvious we did have one pretty big coaching problem. It just might not have been Cooper, or, at least, not totally Cooper. So the "it's the players' fault" narrative has the same merit as the "fire Cooper" narrative.

It might have been neither. Although I would argue one side of the argument at least had the problem itself pinned down, that it was strategic and systematic. The players weren't "lazy" on the PK, for instance. They were following instructions. It just might not have been Cooper's instructions.
So what you're saying is we need to start the fire Cooper stuff even sooner than 20 minutes into the season?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So what you're saying is we need to start the fire Cooper stuff even sooner than 20 minutes into the season?

Or I'm saying we should stop talking about players being "lazy" and lacking "effort" when there's obviously a flaw in the design. Coop was blamed for what, it turned out, was bad coaching. Because he's a coach. And coaching actually does have an effect on games.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We should score a couple of touchdowns tonight. So obviously we're gonna get shut out.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
With Heddy back, the 1st line waking up, and the other 3 lines acting like rolling thunder, can we please keep Vasy from being shelled and get him a 1.000% SV tonight? Please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad