GDT: 11/1/16 - Wild vs Sabres - 7 PM CT / 2 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dub was good, 2 dirty goals against. Buffalo looked like they wanted it more.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a lot of offensive flow. Nino and Coyle just sort of randomly roam around like a couple of delinquents. Aren't they supposed to be good by now? The lack of hunger and talent to score goals by the forwards is upsetting. At the end of the day, that's their bloody job, and they are not doing it.

Oh, and Prosser. But he can't help being him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I look at there at the end of the game and ask myself who's going to shoot the puck and score. Is it;

-Koivu? No
- Granlund? No
- Staal? I think so?
- Coyle? If he's in the mood.
- Suter? 55 mph wrister's only
- Dumba? Yes

That's not enough. I also saw shots go onto the net by Dumba, Brodin, and Folin and forwards didn't tip them at all. Sorry, there has to be more effort and skill. It takes effort, guts, and strength to maintain position in front of the net, and skill/talent to get your stick on it.

This is Buffalo, ffs!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not a lot of offensive flow. Nino and Coyle just sort of randomly roam around like a couple of delinquents. Aren't they supposed to be good by now? The lack of hunger and talent to score goals by the forwards is upsetting. At the end of the day, that's their bloody job, and they are not doing it.

Oh, and Prosser. But he can't help being him.

Hmm... I thought both were pretty good after the 1st

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've liked Graovac. Haula's got some competition in the bottom-6.

What I like about him is his speed. He can hustle for a big man. Also shows some puck skills. Does he have a shot...probably not.

Nice to have his, Zucker's and Haula's speed on the bottom six.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So Graovac, Bertschy, and Schroeder back on the bus to Iowa tonight? Cap space and all.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hmm... I thought both were pretty good after the 1st

I didn't see them drive the net. That's where the goals are. They've got the size and some skill, but maybe just don't have the talent to be scorers. Nino, especially...that's gotta be his game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I look at there at the end of the game and ask myself who's going to shoot the puck and score. Is it;

-Koivu? No
- Granlund? No
- Staal? I think so?
- Dumba? Yes

That's not enough. I also saw shots go onto the net by Dumba, Brodin, and Folin and forwards didn't tip them at all. Sorry, there has to be more effort and skill. It takes effort, guts, and strength to maintain position in front of the net, and skill/talent to get your stick on it.

This is Buffalo, ffs!

I don't have a problem with any of those 6 being out there at the end of the game. They all fill a role, just they didn't execute today.

Net front was lacking most of the night for all the lines. The Wild didn't look ready to play tonight.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I don't have a problem with any of those 6 being out there at the end of the game. They all fill a role, just they didn't execute today.

Net front was lacking most of the night for all the lines. The Wild didn't look ready to play tonight.

Yeah they are essentially our best players + Parise. I'm not sure who we should put there instead.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Even with 15 shots, the Wild was maddening the way it tried to overpass or simply couldn’t get shots off odd-man rushes. Charlie Coyle and Nino Niederreiter went back to back rushes being way too unselfish instead of just letting her rip.

In the third, even after Mikael Granlund tied the score at 1-1 with his second goal in two games, the Wild, in a perfect assessment by Bruce Boudreau, looked like it was playing for the tie.

“Sometimes it's a frustrating team,” he said. “It can play so good one period and not show up for the (next) period.”

After bemoaning the first period, Boudreau said, “The things that we did in the second period we didn't do in the third period quite frankly. We didn't get it behind their D. We didn't forecheck. …To score in this league we have to play on the inside. I don't think we had a lot of second chances.”

He said, “you have no idea how frustrating it is” that the Wild don’t get shots off on odd-man rushes and don’t crash the net for rebounds.

“We talk about it in between probably every period about just funneling pucks to the net and going to the net. Like [GM Chuck Fletcher] just told me now, for the last four years we're a team that doesn't get a lot of second chances. We're a team that when we score scores on the rush. And that's a hard way to win it in if we don't want to get down and dirty and score those grungy goals.”

http://www.startribune.com/postgame...-tie-in-the-third-period-doom-wild/399593661/

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Oh well, it's a process. Boudreau will get more out of the guys. Let's get the Avs this weekend.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
"Playing for the tie" has been the Wild's MO for years. That needs to change.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no excuses that was 2 points flushed down the toilet. i thought there should have been a penalty on buff with 2 min left pommer had his stick kinda chopped so he couldnt get a point blank shot off.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

-Koivu? No
- Granlund? No
- Staal? I think so?
- Dumba? Yes

This is Buffalo, ffs!

You realize Buffalo isn't a dumpster fire, right? They're not the best team in the league but they have a lot of promising young talent on their team. Their issue right now will be consistency because of their youth.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You realize Buffalo isn't a dumpster fire, right? They're not the best team in the league but they have a lot of promising young talent on their team. Their issue right now will be consistency because of their youth.

If we can't beat buff without Eichel and Kane playing them
then we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, assuming we make them. Only reason our record looks good now is because we've played bad teams, and NSH, CHI, DAL, and WPG have troubles of their own.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If we can't beat buff without Eichel and Kane playing them
then we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, assuming we make them. Only reason our record looks good now is because we've played bad teams, and NSH, CHI, DAL, and WPG have troubles of their own.

Yes only reason we have a good record is that others suck. :speechles

Someone should have told the other teams also so they could have a record like Wild!

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Very lethargic game. Crowd wasn't into it most of the game, team didn't seem into it most of the game, Buffalo played hard and the Wild didn't match their intensity. The Iowa line did their job just fine, but I don't for the life of me know why they got so many offensive zone starts, especially when top lines had time to rest after an ice scrape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad