GDT: 11/1/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its careless. Great, they scored. Great, they won. Should a fan just be "grateful?" No. That same group of guys last year would've walked out of there with a 4-1 win.

They came alive after he who shall not be named scored on a great pass from Palat. They took it there, got the PP goal and kept pushing, but yeah I agree those last 2 goals were uncalled for and should of ended it 4-1, but you have to look at the energy level. They came alive and that to me is a big step compared to the last several games. May have been one of their best games of the season so far.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
JT can bring everything Callahan does for a fraction of the cost when he's on

Easily, Callahan gets to play with Stamkos and Drouin, put Brown there and he'll be a 30 goal scorer something Callahan will never be.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Should we have gotten away with a 4-1 game, maybe but I dunno, I'm just happy we scored 4 goals and can build on that right now.

I also must say I though McGinn was ok, he did what you wanted him to do, hit a lot and caused a havoc on the other team and I think it helped the whole team a lot since having someone out there just focusing on doing that allowed them to focus on creating scoring chances. Wouldn't mind seeing him up with the team until Paquette comes back (Drouin isn't the typ of player that can cause havoc like Paquette can).

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's weird how wonderfully we seem to remember last year, considering our GDTs were every bit as full of gloom and doom as this year.

Bingo. :laugh:

I'm more comfortable with the gloom now that we've actually had an actual losing streak. Not like last year were we freaked out about losing any game even though we never lost more than two in a row.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Sunday start times are always weird. Detroit often plays 5 or 6:00 ET home games on Sundays. Raleigh is always 5 ET. The West coast venues are 5:00 PT. When the Lightning are at home on Sunday, which is very unusual, it's usually 5:00. Very few Sunday games start at the usual 7:00 local time window.

Yeah just weird where you have a back-to-back and the league doesn't even give you a full 24 hours in between.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean - second game of a back to back after we scored 2 goals in the past 4 games...

We score 4, let up a bit at the end and come out with a win. There isn't a single good reason to complain other than wanting to complain.

Two big points after a 4 game skid. And let's face it - Vasi could have/should have had all three of those goals (or at least two of them).

Not bashing the kid for it - his first game of the season and he looked a little jittery. Nothing but love for him - but the team played really well in front of him for the most part.

And we won. After a four game skid. Be happy damn it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean - second game of a back to back after we scored 2 goals in the past 4 games...

We score 4, let up a bit at the end and come out with a win. There isn't a single good reason to complain other than wanting to complain.

Two big points after a 4 game skid. And let's face it - Vasi could have/should have had all three of those goals (or at least two of them).

Not bashing the kid for it - his first game of the season and he looked a little jittery. Nothing but love for him - but the team played really well in front of him for the most part.

And we won. After a four game skid. Be happy damn it.

Yeah was a rough game on the other end of the ice, but they did not look dead tonight and after back to back games, they actually got better as the night went along. So that was a plus.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Palat and Kuch played well. Johnson first of the season with very nice helper from Kuch was huge.
Still work to be done but a lot to like about this one.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Stamkos actually performing like a A+ grade Captain was the biggest positive in this game imho.

Johnson gettin that juicy 1st almost as important :naughty:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos actually performing like a A+ grade Captain was the biggest positive in this game imho.

Johnson gettin that juicy 1st almost as important :naughty:

Agreed. And I'm the guy who didn't like how he was constantly making these big statements and then not showing up. That wasn't the case last night. He led the way in all three zones.

Johnson had a great game too. He was scrappy as hell, and that's something sorely needed. He was also putting moves on people, which we haven't really seen this year from him.

If these two guys can lead the way, with Hedman playing like a Norris candidate, things will turn around quickly.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It was pretty funny watching everyone high five and tap his head and give little pushes to Johnson after he scored his first goal, you could tell the team new he was frustrated and really wanted to get that 1st one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Magian looked pretty good out their, looked like a solid 4th line grinder. There was actually one play in the 3rd where he was WIDE OPEN and Names should have gave him the puck, instead took it and drove to the net, would have been a really good scoring chance had he gotten the puck and let a shot off.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Magian looked pretty good out their, looked like a solid 4th line grinder. There was actually one play in the 3rd where he was WIDE OPEN and Names should have gave him the puck, instead took it and drove to the net, would have been a really good scoring chance had he gotten the puck and let a shot off.

Honestly - the way we've been playing, I will not criticize anyone for actually taking the puck to the net right now instead of passing it.

I'm looking at you Flip. Shoot the god damn puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad