GDT: #11 - 02/10/2013 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

I just find it infuriating to cheer on for Asham after his blatant cheapshot crosscheck on Brayden Schenn in the playoffs. Remember, I was cheering for Philadelphia to murder the Penguins that series.

*Bob Richards*

I really hope that benching lights a fire under Boyles ass. If he can find his offensive game again, it renders Asham even more useless than he already is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is unfair. Asham his entire career has done what we loved Pruster for. He stood up for his guys and dropped them to change a game. He had one staged fight this year at the beginning of a game and now he's labeled. That's not the kind of player he is and that's awesome that your grandmother can light the lamp. Asham has a good shot; if you didn't know that, now you do. Not sure what you're talking about with Karlsson. He played great against us in that series. BB facewashed him and got a beating for it. Didn't really accomplish too much. In fact that little episode fired up the Sens who took us to the brink.

Yes, Asham doesn't kill penalties anymore. But his skill set is no less important than BB. If Brian gets back into the lineup I would be surprised if it was at the expense of Asham.

Karlsson had 1 point. 71 in the regular season, 1 in 7 games in that series. And that 1 point was kicked into the net by our defensman. He was completely shut down. I'm sure Boyle's physical play had nothing to do with that.

I haven't seen this great shot that Asham apparently has. Nor have I seen him do anything even resembling Prust. Matter of fact I haven't seen Asham do anything besides have that fight with Glass.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure why many fans hate Boyle so much. He doesnt score goals but who does e
When they are a Ranger besides Gaborik? Boyle isnt the one who needs to be scoring goals. He is a shutdown center and clearly better than guys like halpern powe asham etc

Bardof425*

I just find it infuriating to cheer on for Asham after his blatant cheapshot crosscheck on Brayden Schenn in the playoffs. Remember, I was cheering for Philadelphia to murder the Penguins that series.

Remember Ulf Samuelsson? If we can cheer for him we can cheer for anyone.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm not anti-Asham... but its Tampa Bay. I'm much more concerned about getting one of our top PK guys out there than one of our scrappers. he chances we get lit up for 3 goals on the power play are much higher than one of our star players getting run.

Downie is gone. Their most dangerous player physically is Crombeen, and I don't think they're even playing him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I really hope that benching lights a fire under Boyles ass. If he can find his offensive game again, it renders Asham even more useless than he already is.

The play of Miller along w the benching should light that fire..guess we will see

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah I'm not sure why many fans hate Boyle so much. He doesnt score goals but who does e
When they are a Ranger besides Gaborik? Boyle isnt the one who needs to be scoring goals. He is a shutdown center and clearly better than guys like halpern powe asham etc

A whippin boy was needed with Mitchell gone.

Bardof425*

Clearly better? If it's so clear why are various posters in disagreement with you? Maybe it's not clear and just a matter of opinion. And btw, Boyle doesn't set up goals either, EVER. And for a center that is not a good thing.

*Bob Richards*

Clearly better? If it's so clear why are various posters in disagreement with you? Maybe it's not clear and just a matter of opinion. And btw, Boyle doesn't set up goals either, EVER. And for a center that is not a good thing.

When it comes to Boyle and disagreement around here, it involves which line he plays on, not whether or not he is even an NHL'er or if he should be competeting with Asham for his spot. You seem to be the lone man on this one.

Bardof425*

I'm not anti-Asham... but its Tampa Bay. I'm much more concerned about getting one of our top PK guys out there than one of our scrappers. he chances we get lit up for 3 goals on the power play are much higher than one of our star players getting run.

Downie is gone. Their most dangerous player physically is Crombeen, and I don't think they're even playing him.

ok. If Torts sees no need for someone who can drop the gloves then take Ash out. But on most nights this will not be the case and Ash will need to be in there. For BB to get back in the lineup he will need to outplay either Halpern, Powe or one of the kids. Asham and he are not in competition for a spot.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

A lot of people hate boyle and are incapable of being impartial imo. To say guys like halpern powe or asham are better than boyle is an insult to the game of hockey. None of them score so what do any of the other 3 do that boyle doesnt or do it better?

Bardof425*

When it comes to Boyle and disagreement around here, it involves which line he plays on, not whether or not he is even an NHL'er or if he should be competeting with Asham for his spot. You seem to be the lone man on this one.

That isn't true but whatever. I've said his puck skills are not NHL caliber. He brings other skills which make him a 4th liner. But there are calls for him to move up the lineup and I find those call ridiculous because the puck skills are just so bad.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Right lots think he is a 4th liner.

*Bob Richards*

That isn't true but whatever. I've said his puck skills are not NHL caliber. He brings other skills which make him a 4th liner. But there are calls for him to move up the lineup and I find those call ridiculous because the puck skills are just so bad.

If you don't think he should play above the 4th line, that's fine. Hell, I agree with you. He is offensively inept at times. Looks like he is trying to shoot the puck with a Pogo stick. That said, Asham has yet to show me a single offensive skill that is head and shoulders above Boyle. Defensively it isn't even close and Asham can fight. Good for him.

The day we need to physically beat Tampa Bay down....

Bardof425*

A lot of people hate boyle and are incapable of being impartial imo. To say guys like halpern powe or asham are better than boyle is an insult to the game of hockey. None of them score so what do any of the other 3 do that boyle doesnt or do it better?

What is wrong with Halpern and Powe? Halpern historically is a better FO guy then Boyle and he is better with the puck. Both are strong PK guys. As for Powe, he is consdered an elite PK guy who blocks a ton of shots (more than Boyle). His offensive abilities are not great from what I hear. We will see. But I doubt you've seen these guys play more than I have. So what are you basing this statement that would insult the game? We have had the three of them for a very short time. It seems Torts likes them just fine. If BB sits tonight then it is not just to light a fire. Maybe he just has decided that BB is not one of his best 12 forwards anymore. We'll see later.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

powe had more blocked shots than cally leave him out of this he is better defensively than boyle. boyle has to beat halpern for a spot which torts clearly doesnt think he has done

Bardof425*

And people wanted to give him an A. Seems like a million years ago :laugh:

That two month period was insane. Everything he threw at the net went in. And even in that year where he had some puck luck I think he had 12 assists for the whole year. Hey, I think he's the kind of guy who can get an A. But he needs to be on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad