106 games played for Galchenyuk in the NHL by the time he reaches 20

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Not saying otherwise but everytime he was put there he's failed hugely in the faceoff circle. Also, faceoffs can be practiced outside of game situations.

That used to be the biggest flaw in Crosby's game, eventually he got better with practice. Yes he can practice outside of game situations but in the end the best practice is game situations. However he still has difficulty in his own zone as a winger, I think that'll be the biggest challenge for him when he makes the switch.

I think he'll become even more noticeable once he plays center where he can control the play and feed his wingers. After all he's a playmaker first and foremost and this is where his amazing vision will be best served at C.

Wonder what would happen if you put him between Pacioretty and Gallagher right now. Is he really worst than DD defensively? Couldn't he become the exploitation center at this stage of his career? I guess that would only work if they were to find a taker for DD.

He's not worse than DD defensively, that's pretty hard to beat lol. But he does have difficulty in his own zone. However, the 3 periods he played between Pacioretty and Gally I found he looked decent. It seemed like he was thinking too much instead of just playing his game, but that's because of the added pressure knowing after a couple of mistakes he'd be moved back to the wing.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
That used to be the biggest flaw in Crosby's game, eventually he got better with practice. Yes he can practice outside of game situations but in the end the best practice is game situations. However he still has difficulty in his own zone as a winger, I think that'll be the biggest challenge for him when he makes the switch.

Of wich faceoffs are a big part for a centerman. In any case i do agree with you, he needs to improve his overall defensive game and he's got the best rolemodel he could ask for in Plekanec.

Willis Jenks

Nov 19, 2013
Honestly, I actually trust Therrien in the development of pur kids.

Same here. I honestly believe that was one of the major reasons why Bergevin hired him. He did a great job in Pittsburgh with the youth there and our youth has already shown great development under his guide.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
One unique thing he is doing that I love is that when he has the puck in the offensive zone and some space he will patiently wait with the puck, like in slow-motion, and after a second will explode and tear a hole in the defense to the net with amazing puck handling and his big body, creating a scoring chance out of thin air in a millisecond.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
that's a lot of XP for a young guy...

I think we finally have a perennial 70/80 point player who is capable of more on a good year - dare I say 90/100 points in a good year. I think he can do it. He is more noticeable.... more effective at imposing his game with each passing game.

That would be nice but.. maybe we should wait and see if he can even hit 70 in a season before saying we have a perennial 70/80 pt player :sarcasm:

High hopes for him as well.

hogtownhabsfan*

He's pretty terrible at puck battles though. Which is why I think he works with Eller and Gallagher so well.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
48 points in 81 games is particularly good for a 18-19 year old rookie. It's more than a guy like Seguin got (nearly double).

Galch is going to be special. He's already our second best forward (being the professional Pleky) on most nights. He usually brings his A game every night. He has the attitude and the character of a champ. And obviously he's oozing skill.

If he should work on 1 aspect of his game during the off season it should be his explosiveness without the puck. He could be more effective if he were more explosive. But then again since his draft day skating was not his selling point.

Especially considering the injury that made him miss his draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad