106 games played for Galchenyuk in the NHL by the time he reaches 20

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
that's a lot of XP for a young guy...

I think we finally have a perennial 70/80 point player who is capable of more on a good year - dare I say 90/100 points in a good year. I think he can do it. He is more noticeable.... more effective at imposing his game with each passing game.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I absolutely love the way he just drives to the net when he has no passing options, it's amazing. Like he's in the corner, there's no one available to get a pass, so he just decides to go to the net.

Oct 22, 2012
I absolutely love the way he just drives to the net when he has no passing options, it's amazing. Like he's in the corner, there's no one available to get a pass, so he just decides to go to the net.

Noticed he is starting to do this a lot more lately, which is finally good to see because he has the hands and hockey iq to put the puck in peoples skates and then retrieve it

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
48 points in 81 games is particularly good for a 18-19 year old rookie. It's more than a guy like Seguin got (nearly double).

Galch is going to be special. He's already our second best forward (being the professional Pleky) on most nights. He usually brings his A game every night. He has the attitude and the character of a champ. And obviously he's oozing skill.

If he should work on 1 aspect of his game during the off season it should be his explosiveness without the puck. He could be more effective if he were more explosive. But then again since his draft day skating was not his selling point.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Just for fun

Pacioretty had 25 pts and 6 goals in his first 86 NHL games while being a year older than Galchenyuk

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Let's hope Galchenyuk reaches his potential because he has the full package. The only downside would be his foot-speed, something he can work on.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd say his upside is Anze Kopitar, which is a good thing.

He should be a good player for a long time.

68*

1. Put him at center
2. Give him Pacioretty & Gallagher on his wings
3. Give him a lot of PP time
4. Play him 18 minutes a game
5. ???
6. Profit

Lionel Mandrake

I think he'll become even more noticeable once he plays center where he can control the play and feed his wingers. After all he's a playmaker first and foremost and this is where his amazing vision will be best served.

Wonder what would happen if you put him between Pacioretty and Gallagher right now. Is he really worst than DD defensively? Couldn't he become the exploitation center at this stage of his career? I guess that would only work if they were to find a taker for DD.

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Chucky never gonna be playing center unless he gets better at faceoffs.

I'd rather have him at center than DD, even if that means more faceoff losses for a while.
Or, Therrien could put Briere on his line to take important faceoffs, then have them shift positions after the draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad