MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
TTC+Bill++Mumy.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
:laugh:

It would be on the gravel yard, not the wooden deck. I'm not defective.
I’ve seen people do some really really stupid things.
One that pops to mind is a charcoal grill on a wood deck with an umbrella directly over the grill so the dude doesn’t get wet grilling in the rain, but left it open all the time.
Just making sure.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Wise council I seek your thoughts. Been bugging me and just need to see another person's opinion.

So long story short my best friend pestered me about my birthday because I usually keep things low key and I don't really like celebrating it. He went through the craziest shit in his life ( I spent many phone calls and hours listening and talking; TLDR version his stepmom was battling through dementia and she passed), but he basically forgot to wish me a happy birthday. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal but the issue on my mind is that he pestered me about it and then nothing. I should just move on and not say anything right?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I'm thinking of Duraflame because it has the ash pan that lifts out
They both do. I thought duraflame was like a direct knockoff of the solo stove but I could be wrong.

edit: I just looked into it and I think the removable ash pan is a newer feature of the solo stove...maybe they ripped it off of duraflame

Wise council I seek your thoughts. Been bugging me and just need to see another person's opinion.

So long story short my best friend pestered me about my birthday because I usually keep things low key and I don't really like celebrating it. He went through the craziest shit in his life ( I spent many phone calls and hours listening and talking; TLDR version his stepmom was battling through dementia and she passed), but he basically forgot to wish me a happy birthday. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal but the issue on my mind is that he pestered me about it and then nothing. I should just move on and not say anything right?
wish him a happy birthday and see how he reacts

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They both do. I thought duraflame was like a direct knockoff of the solo stove but I could be wrong.

edit: I just looked into it and I think the removable ash pan is a newer feature of the solo stove...maybe they ripped it off of duraflame

Hmm maybe. I know the complaint from early Solo owners I know is cleaning it out. I'd hope they would have improved that by now

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

wish him a happy birthday and see how he reacts
I mean I already got him a Cameo with Tim Russ back at the end of May. Soooooo yeah.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Let him bring it back up you may need to let him treat you to something as a way to help him grieve the passing of his mother.
Don’t let him go overboard, but let him do something.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Happy birthday. :)

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
What a match.

Alcaraz put himself in position to win all four sets, but it's going to a fifth. :laugh:

Both guys, deep down, probably think they should have won this by now.

Edit: Epic match. The quality right to the end was incredible.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Happy birthday bud

I'm non-confrontational, so I would probably chalk it up to an oversight on his part. I can see why you think it's weird it wasn't on his mind on your actual birthday despite it being on his mind a number of times prior. I think it's weird too. But if there's no precedent of him being weird about things, I would let him slide for now

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Girl woke up early to go running today (our half marathon is next Sunday) and about 7 miles in she found a dog. It was collared and on its collar there was emblazoned a number. She called the number, and it was animal control (or a similar entity). The operator got Girl in touch with the owners. The owners said "that isn't our dog anymore, we gave it to someone else", to which Girl pressed for info. Who is Someone Else? What is their phone number? Girl got in touch with Someone Else, a woman, and she didn't even know the dog was missing and weren't very thankful upon receiving the call.

"Are you missing a dog?" "Uhhmmmm....I'm not sure?"

They said they couldn't pick up the dog because she was the only one there and only had a horse and buggy. She called the dog "Shiba". The dog was a Shiba Inu, so obviously it didn't even have a name. The dog was skittish around people. Girl relayed this info back to the operator who called the police, who then dispatched animal control to the scene to corrall the dog.

Then she relayed the info to me, and I said it sounds like a puppy mill, and I said you need to tell animal control what happened and that you don't think it's best for the dog to be returned. Girl waited with the dog until animal control got there and explained everything and animal control was rightfully concerned. The dog is on its way back to the shelter and things will be investigated.

Today is Girl's birthday. She is a hero and I'm proud of her.

Of note: after this, the original owners who the dog was registered under called Girl back and asked "so...you let the dog go, right?" so I said you should block their number and report their f***ing ass too, because what they're really asking is "no one knows about the dog, right?"

I'll personally beat these people within an inch of their life, only so they can endure hours of Chinese water torture with dog pee instead of water.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't have much time to binge watch shows anymore, but Shoresy was f***ing awesome.

It absolutely had no right to be that good

Girl woke up early to go running today (our half marathon is next Sunday) and about 7 miles in she found a dog. It was collared and on its collar there was emblazoned a number. She called the number, and it was animal control (or a similar entity). The operator got Girl in touch with the owners. The owners said "that isn't our dog anymore, we gave it to someone else", to which Girl pressed for info. Who is Someone Else? What is their phone number? Girl got in touch with Someone Else, a woman, and she didn't even know the dog was missing and weren't very thankful upon receiving the call.

"Are you missing a dog?" "Uhhmmmm....I'm not sure?"

They said they couldn't pick up the dog because she was the only one there and only had a horse and buggy. She called the dog "Shiba". The dog was a Shiba Inu, so obviously it didn't even have a name. The dog was skittish around people. Girl relayed this info back to the operator who called the police, who then dispatched animal control to the scene to corrall the dog.

Then she relayed the info to me, and I said it sounds like a puppy mill, and I said you need to tell animal control what happened and that you don't think it's best for the dog to be returned. Girl waited with the dog until animal control got there and explained everything and animal control was rightfully concerned. The dog is on its way back to the shelter and things will be investigated.

Today is Girl's birthday. She is a hero and I'm proud of her.

Of note: after this, the original owners who the dog was registered under called Girl back and asked "so...you let the dog go, right?" so I said you should block their number and report their f***ing ass too, because what they're really asking is "no one knows about the dog, right?"

I'll personally beat these people within an inch of their life, only so they can endure hours of Chinese water torture with dog pee instead of water.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad