OT: 103rd Obsequious Banter Thread: "Summertime, and the livin's easy."

If you had to fight a tortoise or a sloth, which do you choose?

• Tortoise

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Sloth

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So begins the annual competition between my dad and I to see which hospital has more fireworks accidents come in overnight across 4th of July weekend. I thought I was going to kick off the scoring just now when I verified some antibiotic eye drops for a patient with "foreign body in eye" as their main problem

Turns out she mixed up her contact solution with nail glue and glued her f***ing eye shut.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Alright, flight tickets for a sort of spontaneous US trip in August (2 weeks) finally booked. Only a quick trip through Atlanta, New York, Miami (+rest of Florida). Fun! Finally something to look forward to

(dont joke about the destinations, to quote Sheldon Cooper "It was a compromise, I lost"; just kidding, I wanted Florida and Atlanta)

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
So begins the annual competition between my dad and I to see which hospital has more fireworks accidents come in overnight across 4th of July weekend. I thought I was going to kick off the scoring just now when I verified some antibiotic eye drops for a patient with "foreign body in eye" as their main problem

Turns out she mixed up her contact solution with nail glue and glued her f***ing eye shut.

I've got a house full of people that need to know what you do for that situation.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I've got a house full of people that need to know what you do for that situation.
They kept slathering triple antibiotic eye ointment on the eyelid and eventually got the eyelid open. Called poison control for the glued on contact because they maybe needed a solvent? But it was her eye? I don't know anything else, I was busy with a 22 wk premie all night

Reactions: Lord Defect

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Is this the unofficial F1 thread?

I've been a fan for 2 weeks after getting hooked on Drive To Survive and the F1 21 demo - I have decided to be a fan of Haas.

It amazes me how "safe" these cars and tracks are that an accident like that can result in no/minimal injury.
I don't think anyone talks about F1 on this board. There is an F1 thread in the general sports forum. I started watching last year when my fiance's family got into it after watching DTS as well.

Haas is a tough team to root for lol.

The F1 video game is pretty fun. I played it for a while but haven't played it recently. F1 2022 just came out but don't think I'll get it.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't think anyone talks about F1 on this board. There is an F1 thread in the general sports forum. I started watching last year when my fiance's family got into it after watching DTS as well.

The F1 video game is pretty fun. I played it for a while but haven't played it recently. F1 2022 just came out but don't think I'll get it.
There is a thread in the General Sports section for F1: Racing: - 2022 Formula 1 Season

Edit: Didn't even notice that you already mentioned it. Duh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Is this the unofficial F1 thread?

I've been a fan for 2 weeks after getting hooked on Drive To Survive and the F1 21 demo - I have decided to be a fan of Haas.

It amazes me how "safe" these cars and tracks are that an accident like that can result in no/minimal injury.

@landsbergfan

Reactions: landsbergfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad