100 points in 53 games for Connor McDavid

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
At some point we are going to have to stop pretending that all 1st overall picks are created equal. Other than McDavid none of those picks by the Oilers are franchise players in a good draft.

Hall, Nuge and Yak are at best in a good draft top 15 players. Not 1st overall. You guys act like they were drafting Stamkos or Hedman level players and screwing things up, the reality is that none of those 3 should have ever been 1st overall.

Put that tired old narrative to rest its offensive to people that are knowledgeable about hockey.
This

The ASOLUTEST DUMBEST arguments I can think of are all of these parrots who says "haer derrrrrp 4 1st overalls!"

Hey dumbasses. If first overall picks were all good, we would have probably won the cup once or twice lol.

How is this common logical point just missed?

Oh I know, trolls who get off on spewing that out there.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Pretty good company there.

Depending on how the rest of tonight’s game goes he may end up with more primary points than anyone else does points. At the very least he will have more primary points than everyone except Draisaitl does points.

He came really close to doing this - 1 point away from having more primary points than anyone else had total points.

That would have been an extraordinary achievement (not that he hasn't had enough of those this year). Going back to WWII the only players to have done that are Wayne Gretzky (6x), Gordie Howe (4x), Stan Mikita and Phil Esposito.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4587

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Matthews shot was lit from the gate. McDavid improved a lot but was unexpected.

I would bet that is what Matthews focused on in his younger days while McDavid focus on speed and puck control.

I think someone of a position of power with lesser intelligence said "diversity is our strength". I wonder if he would be better as a hockey GM with that mindset than his current job. :sarcasm:

slauzon01

Apr 2, 2022
Adjust that to 1980s scoring and you probably have something resembling Gretzky or Lemieux's best 10 games.
I think Lemieux did 41 pts in 12 games before he got injured and that was against 23 teams.
Not that impressive. Mario hit 100 in 38 games which is far more impressive.
and against 24+ teams
wHo cAreS ??? noRTh DiVIsiOn

I don’t wanna hear this bullshit excuse again, 100 points in 53 games is simply unreal regardless the division. This is Gretzky/Lemieux level of dominance right here.
It is until you realize that he did it against 6 teams. It's the best season since Mario's 2001 (return from retirement) when he had 1.77 p/pg against 29 teams. McDavid has to match and/or exceed that ouput to be compared to 99 & 66

• Haha
Reactions: tfwnogf

slauzon01

Apr 2, 2022
Mario didn't hit that in today's era, bud. If you can't see that today's game is exponentially more skilled, then I suggest you sit closer to your tv.
Mario did it against 29 teams in a lower scoring era and after missing 3.5 yrs of hockey. Connor best season minus the anomolous 6 team (pandemic) play is 1.54 p/pg vs 29 teams. It's one of the best 6 team league performances in history but not the best.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Mario did it against 29 teams in a lower scoring era and after missing 3.5 yrs of hockey. Connor best season minus the anomolous 6 team (pandemic) play is 1.54 p/pg vs 29 teams. It's one of the best 6 team league performances in history but not the best.
Did you just like, have an alt account on the side specifically for Lemieux vs Connor McDavid? This thread was already a tire fire when it was fresh, I'm sure it's not going to be any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad