Rumor: 10 teams interested in Corey Perry

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The chances of him hitting 4 mill are pretty high now. That's scary if it's paired with actual term and not a 1 year deal

Last edited:
Reactions: Silky mitts

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The chances of him hitting 4 mill are pretty high now.. That's scary if it's paired with actual term and not a 1 year deal

Perry can still play. He was putting up 50 points on one knee the season before this, now he’s got it fixed I can see him still putting up 2nd line numbers.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Perry can still play. He was putting up 50 points on one knee the season before this, now he’s got it fixed I can see him still putting up 2nd line numbers.
Seemed like he was relying on his linemates more than creating from what I've seen from the comments on HF but maybe there's a chance he could bounce back. Right now though it doesn't seem likely.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Im guessing he will sign with Pittsburgh.

Rutherford already said he's not interested, thankfully.

If this were last off-season, however, you better bet your ass he'd give a 5 year deal to a immobile, broken player.

There's always the chance that JR forgets that he's trying to make the team younger and faster, but if there's actual interest in Perry he'll (hopefully) be off the market before that happens.

This makes a lot of sense, especially since they just traded away their best RHS on the power-play.

I don't even want to imagine the chaos that would ensue if Perry got a 1PP gig before Guentzel.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Penguins best RW is now Hornqvist, sadly, so Perry might actually be an upgrade. The bar is set very low for RW’s in Pittsburgh.

Please don’t sign him, JR.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Seemed like he was relying on his linemates more than creating from what I've seen from the comments on HF but maybe there's a chance he could bounce back. Right now though it doesn't seem likely.

Are they comments from actual ducks fans or comments from fans of other teams who just assume because he’s slow and spent most of last year on the ir that he’s done?

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Are they comments from actual ducks fans or comments from fans of other teams who just assume because he’s slow and spent most of last year on the ir that he’s done?
Probably more column B along with the usual UFA overpayment cliche, but it's probably better to be safe than sorry in the UFA market, hope NSH won't go for him if he's going to cost more than Bonino, which is already looking very plausible.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Let McDavid wizard the puck all over the zone, all Perry has to do is read the play and get to open ice and bury it. Might be a worthwhile strategy at the right price.

Reactions: NinjaKick

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It'd be funny if Perry finally ended up in Edmonton, 15 years later (see the Mike Comrie trade that almost happened) but I feel like he'll have better options.

Reactions: End of Line

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I understand why the Oilers would have interest in Perry, I am not sure why Perry would have interest in the Oilers.

Reactions: Duck Off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad