GDT: 10|Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders|Feb 5th @ 7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's my Mom's b-day, so I won't be able to do the write up. Great ****ing game! :yo: Fleury was a stud. Good coaching by DB, too. Never over-thought.

SundanceKid

Jan 17, 2012
United States
Excellent game. I monitored the Islander's thread for this game but never posted once. I was glad to see some of our other players step up rather than the usual guys showing up...besides the real deal. He always shows up it seems.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Excellent game. I monitored the Islander's thread for this game but never posted once. I was glad to see some of our other players step up rather than the usual guys showing up...besides the real deal. He always shows up it seems.

So happy the PK and Flower stepped up when Sid was gone, not sure what they were trying to prove with the microsleep afterwards, but they deserve a nice cold beer for their efforts anyway.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I've always wanted to go there... I work downtown so its not like I have an excuse.

Heard the bone morrow is great. And the drinks :nod:

Now it's getting weird. My brother is making that right now. Are you guys in my apartment?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Wow, Boychuk is the only player with a negative +/- tonight.

You wonder how long before DB turns his back on him.

There's nobody else to try in the top six and Boychuk has had a good offensive chance every game.

The only way Boychuk gets pushed out of a spot on the team is a trade or Beau Bennett getting a call up imo. Tangradi isn't pushing Boychuk out of a spot unless Shero and Bylsma are blind because Boychuk has played well.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
There's nobody else to try in the top six and Boychuk has had a good offensive chance every game.

The only way Boychuk gets pushed out of a spot on the team is a trade or Beau Bennett getting a call up imo. Tangradi isn't pushing Boychuk out of a spot unless Shero and Bylsma are blind because Boychuk has played well.

Totally agree with this. Best option we have right now.
He's looked good. Theres always Shero making a trade but you can always throw him in the deal after you sign him if need be.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wow, Boychuk is the only player with a negative +/- tonight.

You wonder how long before DB turns his back on him.

+/- isn't a great stat and I don't remember thinking Boychuk played bad at all. I think/hope Disco isn't influenced by +/- as much as the tape.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
+++ Fleury - Great game, can't blame him for either goal, and made a few outstanding saves.
+ Martin - Just solid
+ Sutter - Good goal, solid defense tonight
+ Neal
+ Despres - Showing signs of great things to come. Would love for him to put on about 10lbs of muscle.

- Malkin - Did he play tonight? They show commercials of these amazing plays by Malkin, but it's been awhile since I've had a "wow" moment from him

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I would like to see DJ get another shot at that slot but it really looks like we are just rotating different players in there until a trade comes our way. No ones really amazed me.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Totally agree with this. Best option we have right now.
He's looked good. Theres always Shero making a trade but you can always throw him in the deal after you sign him if need be.

You can tell he wants to be here. He's playing well, only thing is that he still isn't a "Malkin" guy. So yeah, I'm not against trying him with Crosby for a few games.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Meh... I thought the Pens won sloppy and that can make for bad habits. Bad PIM's and again Sid takes bumps by some potato salad player.

Its good to get the win and MAF played like champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad