GDT: #10|Islanders @ Penguins|10/25 7:00 PM|CEC|Tanger returns|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Please tell me Letang was interfered with before that last goal. What a ****ing POS if not. Go back on IR.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Please tell me Letang was interfered with before that last goal. What a ****ing POS if not. Go back on IR.

Not sure if he was interfered with or not. All I know is that he bobbled the puck at the point (Check), second-guessed himself with regards to shooting (Check), and shot the puck right into the guy's shinpads (Check). Pretty much covered the "Kris Letang's Got the Puck at the Point Checklistâ„¢." Then, he proceeded to get lost going back through the neutral zone and botch any attempt at defense once the puck got back to our zone.

It was just... Awful.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It pains me too.

Do me a favor next game: Watch Jokinen and Kobasew, especially Kobasew. Find a shift where he wins a board battle, drives the net, provides puck support, anything constructive.

I'm watching this WASH, RINSE, RECYCLE. Geno dumps, chases his own dump, forces a turnover, and nobody is there in close support or going to the net.
ot change anything.
This is like watching Sid in 2008-2009 before Kunitz and Guerin came to town. Only difference is Geno isn't spearing guys in the nuts . . . yet.

I see all of that. I don't expect anything from Bylsma, I also think Jussi is even bigger drag for him he needs to speak out and say we need to switch things around. Neal will not change anything. That line will still be bad, he needs a speedster that covers offensive zone just like Dupers does for Sid (that's why Duper is way more important for Sid than Kunitz)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
When Geno's wants the puck, you know it...he is an impact player regardless of who is on his line, and he imposes his will. The current iteration is nothing close to that.

He's pretty much going through the motions right now.

That's just it, and we see it less and less. It's like, hey....Sids got this.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I see all of that. I don't expect anything from Bylsma, I also think Jussi is even bigger drag for him he needs to speak out and say we need to switch things around. Neal will not change anything. That line will still be bad, he needs a speedster that covers offensive zone just like Dupers does for Sid (that's why Duper is way more important for Sid than Kunitz)

Then we see things similarly.

Problem is Malkin won't speak out. Not his style. He's like Kevin Bacon in Animal House, and Bylsma is all too happy to wield the paddle.

And, yes, when Neal returns, Jussi will be just like Steve Sullivan on the other wing, better than what he's used to but by no stretch a good thing.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
So switch Sid and Geno's wingers.

In 2008-2009, Geno - **** wingers (Feds/Sykora) > Sid - **** wingers (Dupuis/Satan).

Now, there's ****, and then there's really ****, and the hypocrisy around here is comical where people can't see the difference. But, you and RRP have your narratives, and there's no way that keeping Kobasew with Malkin can be bad coaching.

Heck, just swap Kobasew and Dupuis. Nope, can't have that . . . Geno set Dupuis up right in front of the net on that shift.

How about if Geno puts himself into scoring opportunities?

It pains me too.

Do me a favor next game: Watch Jokinen and Kobasew, especially Kobasew. Find a shift where he wins a board battle, drives the net, provides puck support, anything constructive.

I'm watching this WASH, RINSE, RECYCLE. Geno dumps, chases his own dump, forces a turnover, and nobody is there in close support or going to the net.

This is like watching Sid in 2008-2009 before Kunitz and Guerin came to town. Only difference is Geno isn't spearing guys in the nuts . . . yet.

Watch Geno instead, he has to have the puck and doesn't trust his line-mates will get it to him. He's the biggest threat on that line just like Sid's the biggest threat on his.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
When Geno's wants the puck, you know it...he is an impact player regardless of who is on his line, and he imposes his will. The current iteration is nothing close to that.

He's pretty much going through the motions right now.

1. I think he's going through the motions, but differently than you think. I think he knows the hand Bylsma has dealt him and is playing it safe. If he were hot garbage, as you suggest, then it would rear its head with his defensive play. That's how it happens, and it isn't.

2. Even Sid needs someone to get him the puck and to provide minimal puck support. Apparently Geno doesn't in your book. O'k, agree to disagree there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How about if Geno puts himself into scoring opportunities?

Watch Geno instead, he has to have the puck and doesn't trust his line-mates will get it to him. He's the biggest threat on that line just like Sid's the biggest threat on his.

On the former, I'll watch.

On the latter, there may be a valid reason he doesn't trust them.

Look, I saw the shift with Dupuis. There's a reason he trusted Dupuis to get him the puck. It's because Dupuis got him the puck.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. I think he's going through the motions, but differently than you think. I think he knows the hand Bylsma has dealt him and is playing it safe. If he were hot garbage, as you suggest, then it would rear its head with his defensive play. That's how it happens, and it isn't.

2. Even Sid needs someone to get him the puck and to provide minimal puck support. Apparently Geno doesn't in your book. O'k, agree to disagree there.

What a crock of ****. Did DB give Neal his injury?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What a crock of ****. Did DB give Neal his injury?

In 2009, Malkin was playing with a winger playing like ****. The team's 4th line center, a spark plug who played a gritty two way game, was tapped to replace him.

Did I miss the game Bylsma put Vitale on Malkin's wing this year?

The only crock of **** is what people like you are spewing to excuse Bylsma's refusal even to TRY an alternative, like one that in theory looks similar to 2009.

The only other shame is that Fitzie isn't around to think for Bylsma. It's been this team's problem the last four years.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
In 2009, Malkin was playing with a winger playing like ****. The team's 4th line center, a spark plug who played a gritty two way game, was tapped to replace him.

Did I miss the game Bylsma put Vitale on Malkin's wing this year?

The only crock of **** is what people like you are spewing to excuse Bylsma's refusal even to TRY an alternative, like one that in theory looks similar to 2009.

The only other shame is that Fitzie isn't around to think for Bylsma. It's been this team's problem the last four years.

The alternatives are not proven fixes so how you think they are some type of magic beans isn't going to take away from the fact Geno needs to apply himself "more" because, he has too. Sample sizes are very small here you're using.

If there's excuses, the same one keeps popping up on your end, and at that point, after years of this crap, maybe, it's time to trade, Geno.

You know, so he can have his wingers once and for all. God forbid the guy needed to break a bit of extra sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad