10 gm Stat Pack

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Figure we do this every 10 games... see where we are after full sets of 10..... Idieally we could have a chart that does 10 game rolling average from here to game 82 like our COVID #'s.. but i aint doing it...

Get a wider look of how we relatively stand...

Don't complain about about what I'm missing (I'm just doing a quick NHL.com glance over)... just go ahead and share the advanced stuff...

4-5-1, 9 pts, 0.450 pt%, 27th

2.40 GF/gm, 27th
2.60 GA/gm, 24th

15.8% PP, 24th
70.0% PK, 28th

32.1 sog, 13th
31.1 soga, 20th

49.3 FO%, 21st

51.7 SAT% tied, 13th
6.5 5v5 S%, 25th
94.0 5v5 sv%, 5th

22.14 hits/60, 15th
12.83 blk/60, 23rd
5.39 GvA/60, 5th (as in 5th lowest/best)
5.29 TkA/60, 26th

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
27th in the league for GF is completely unacceptable for this group. A few guys still really need to step it up, they're making enough money now.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
So are the giveaways low because they're good at not giving away the puck, or are the giveaways low because they're bad at having the puck?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
So are the giveaways low because they're good at not giving away the puck, or are the giveaways low because they're bad at having the puck?
Based on eye test, both. We have a handful of guys that have been good at hounding the puck... And one surprising aspect of the team has been it's physicality. It's greater than what was expected prior to the season.. has led to possession changes..

TkA/60 is high cuz..... Miller. Heh.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Do these fancy stats mean our owner will fire Benning and hire a competent gm? If they don’t, then they are of no value to us, because nothing is going to improve.

Edit: oh I see. gm = games played. Still, we need serious improvement

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
That and the takeaways stat are probably heavily dependant on possession time to give them more context.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I'll take (c) the giveaways/takeaways stats are total garbage which aren't even remotely recorded correctly and should be done away with by the league because they're completely useless.

Reactions: Lonny Bohonos

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
27th in the league for GF is completely unacceptable for this group. A few guys still really need to step it up, they're making enough money now.

But I was promised the Canucks would be an offensive juggernaut this year. That's what they told me when I complained about the Arizona trade.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Offence (GF/GP): 28
Defence (GA/GP): 9
PP% 25
PK% 30
Shots/gp 14
SA/gp 13

Offence is brutal
Special Teams are brutal
Shots for and Shots against are decent
Defence is surprisingly good

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'll take (c) the giveaways/takeaways stats are total garbage which aren't even remotely recorded correctly and should be done away with by the league because they're completely useless.
John and John were even discussing this on the broadcast last night.

I’m hoping someday they’ll just call them unforced errors and we’ll have passing data line they do in soccer.

The best players give away the puck the most but it should be a ratio stat not a raw total.

But yes they’re garbage currently.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
But I was promised the Canucks would be an offensive juggernaut this year. That's what they told me when I complained about the Arizona trade.

Even if you gave the Canucks Marner, P. Kane and Panarin; Green coached Canucks team wouldn’t be able to score 3.5 goals per game.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
So Shaw is doing his job, but not the head coach. Ironic that Benning did okay this offseason to load up for this year for once, yet it's his coach that is going to get him fired.... Knowing how Benning is in full self preservation mode since last year, expect a coaching change soon.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
So Shaw is doing his job, but not the head coach. Ironic that Benning did okay this offseason to load up for this year for once, yet it's his coach that is going to get him fired.... Knowing how Benning is in full self preservation mode since last year, expect a coaching change soon.
I had previously chosen game 19 as the firing date but I think it might be sooner. Within 5 games and some bad results be Anaheim away from Benning getting to hire a 3rd coach. It’s batshit but still warranted.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I had previously chosen game 19 as the firing date but I think it might be sooner. Within 5 games and some bad results be Anaheim away from Benning getting to hire a 3rd coach. It’s batshit but still warranted.

You can't really fire a coach ahead of a road trip. You fire your coach ahead of a homestand where you have spaced out games and more practice time for the new coach to institute things he wants (Chicago has just done this today).

The two obvious potential firing dates if things keep going down the toilet are November 15 and December 2.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You can't really fire a coach ahead of a road trip. You fire your coach ahead of a homestand where you have spaced out games and more practice time for the new coach to institute things he wants (Chicago has just done this today).

The two obvious potential firing dates if things keep going down the toilet are November 15 and December 2.
It depends on the results. I imagine it would just be Shaw taking over as interim anyways. If they lose to Chicago that night works too. A day of practice before the road trip.

If the results continue to suck they’re going to have to do something. The building is already pretty empty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad