Post-Game Talk (GBU): #10 GBU - Over 50 Shots and a Loss

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Really? This fan base? Funny it took them 10 games to start complaining about something? Maybe you're counting the pre-season?

I'm giving it 20 - 25 games. I've said before that this criticism may be accurate, but it's too early to tell. I was going to say that if we we had a few bounces and average goal tending, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but then I remembered the audience.

Yeah, its funny, because its the same fans that said how wrong the complaints about bylsma were at the time of the hiring, that it was just jaded pens fans.

The same poster who told me over the summer that the only reason vets like craig adams played more than he should in pittsburgh was because there was no young talent coming up to displace him (not because of bylsma), is the same poster who just complained about Reinhart's ice time and that Bylsma had to wake up, while gionta is one of our ice time leaders. That, to me, if funny.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Like against Detroit, with in-their-prime Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and a still ridiculously effective Lidstrom? In the Stanley Cup Finals? Detroit was by far the more talented team in that series.

But, let me guess: Therrien's system, right? That's the thing. You can't argue with people who hate Bylsma. They've played out these arguments in their heads hundreds of times, and have an answer for everything about why one of the most successful coaches in recent memory is a bumbling idiot.

Right.

But trying to dismiss a legitimate counter to your position is a smooth tactic.... :rolleyes:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just finished watching. Kinda had it on in the background, so excuse me if my criticisms aren't quite right.

G:
ROR... the guy is worth every penny we spent on him. Only 10 games in and I want him to retire a Sabre.

I was in shock when I saw we had 50+ shots. When's the last time we outshot the other team by over 20? Like 9, 10 years ago?

B:
Eichel... clearly getting frustrated out there. I can't blame him, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like his legs only really move out there when he wants them to. Elite level tools, makes beautiful plays with the puck on his stick and makes other guys look like children out there when he wants to, but it's a team game. It's not about him. Imagine a guy with his tools, but O'Reillys gumption off the puck. Someday, hopefully.

U:
Goaltending and defense. My kingdom for guys that can play the point, stop pucks from leaving the zone and win the little battles. Seriously.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
B:
Eichel... clearly getting frustrated out there. I can't blame him, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like his legs only really move out there when he wants them to. Elite level tools, makes beautiful plays and makes other guys look like children out there when he wants to, but it's a team game. It's not about him. Imagine a guy with his tools, but O'Reillys gumption off the puck. Someday, hopefully.
My impression with him this year is that he has hard time getting the puck. And when he doesn't have it, his goal is not to get it, his goal is to be in the right position so he doesn't get scored on. Ironic he has the worst +/- on the team given how hard he is trying to play the full position.

Let's be honest, center is the toughest forward position. Lots of skating, lots of defensive assignments. He's also a rookie, and drawing really tough match-ups. This is all a learning process and he will get better. He will break through, and soon.

You know what would help Eichel? The Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta line getting on the score sheet consistently at even strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad