Post-Game Talk: #10 - Flames @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
qEj4xHG.gif

Yeah do it Victor! Shake that tailfeather!

BarbaraAlphanse

So... bench Nash and play Etem for a game? Time to start sending some messages?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Solid win.

Secondary goal scoring is a bonus

Raanta 2-0. Trade that bum lundqvist

Rick nash tried hard. Gold star and extra recess for you my friend.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Our possession wasn't sexy, but Calgary didn't really threaten outside of a few chances. Phenomenal third period to close out the game

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
Solid game again from Raanta Claus, hardly a surprise.

Nash is really really trying, but can't buy a goal no matter what he tries.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
2 sloppy periods, but they were sharp and calculated in the 3rd.

Not a great game, but certainly not bad. Prince Antti reigns supreme.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Solid win.

Secondary goal scoring is a bonus

Raanta 2-0. Trade that bum lundqvist

Rick nash tried hard. Gold star and extra recess for you my friend.
For all the mocking of Nash's effort, what should he be doing differently? His shooting% is not going to stay at 3%...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Very painful game to watch until the third. Looked really good in the third. BTW, Etem looked really good I thought. If he can be a very solid 4th liner, this is a good trade for us. I was following Girardi extra closely today, outside of the goal did he do anything right? He looks done. Has he been this bad all season? I haven't watched all of the games and I know he gets pinned in his zone a lot, but he seems useless in his own zone as well.

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Almost exactly like AZ game; give up an early goal, play lifeless for half the game, then play better to score 4 in the second half and win by 3. Thats a long term recipe for failure.

And Staal's two giveaway goals the past two games were atrocious.

BarbaraAlphanse

For all the mocking of Nash's effort, what should he be doing differently?

Putting pucks in the net, Auf.

I know that it is easier said than done, but the Rangers aren't paying a guy 7.8 mill to negate icings.

If you're part of a corporation and they pay you to close deals for them, and you choke their biggest deals for various circumstances at the worst times, you'll be fired.

He has a function. He's not playing up to it. And deserves to be criticized. If not traded.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Our possession wasn't sexy, but Calgary didn't really threaten outside of a few chances. Phenomenal third period to close out the game

Our possession will never be totally sexy. I just don't think that's the team we have.

As long as we're above water, with our goaltender, and our play off the rush, we're going to be a good team.

Our last bad possession game was against Columbus. That's a nice stretch.

I also think it's a huge positive that we took a notorious dangerous 3rd period team and beat them pretty decisively in the 3rd.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
200_s.gif

We played a real good game!

Oh I absolutely agree, albeit there were some sloppy plays in the second where I didn't like how our forwards were handling the puck.

Defense was pretty good tonight and they were fantastic in the third

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Etem definitely looked good out there, best game in a Rangers uniform so far (preseason included).

Raanta, guy is a beast.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
For a star player, Nash has to do more than just "trying" or "hustling". Its completely unacceptable he hasn't scored 1 meaningful goal yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad