GDT: 10/7/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Our transition game is insufferable.

You have to wonder how much Bishop's style was masking flaws in the system.
We're losing this in the neutral zone (yes I know we're winning but it doesn't feel like it).

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
40 shots given up after two periods. I don't think I've seen that even in the years we were god awful. No one can be even remotely pleased with this effort even if we're leading.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It could be worse. Keep in mind we've played almost a quarter of this game short-handed. Every time we get a rhythm it's tie to kill a penalty. I'm not overly worried because I'm relatively sure if we could get a sustained period of play things would level out. We're soppy as hell but there's more spurts of general effort than I've seen in years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Or a new coach.

No offense man but a new coach isn't gonna teach these guys to not throw the puck every which way into a defending stick. The execution just sucks right now. Like I said I'm not overly worried but this one because there hasn't been a rhythm to our game since the 2-0 lead. Since then every time we've gotten into a groove there's a penalty called against us and we're a team that regularly takes over 5 minutes to get some kind of organized flow going after a PK. It makes for excruciating hockey.

Just watch we'll get out of our zone like magic if we start the period well

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No offense man but a new coach isn't gonna teach these guys to not throw the puck every which way into a defending stick. The execution just sucks right now. Like I said I'm not overly worried but this one because there hasn't been a rhythm to our game since the 2-0 lead. Since then every time we've gotten into a groove there's a penalty called against us and we're a team that regularly takes over 5 minutes to get some kind of organized flow going after a PK. It makes for excruciating hockey.

Just watch we'll get out of our zone like magic if we start the period well

When you have Victor Hedman, and transitions are a problem, it's probably a system thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Paquette should have gotten 4 if not an unsportsmanlike misconduct.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
When you have Victor Hedman, and transitions are a problem, it's probably a system thing.

Well yeah that and 5 other defensemen who absolutely suck at breakout passes. Sergachev may be the only other guy who can do it. It's not a wonder we had Bishop do so much work

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
We look like ass. Plain and simple.

I am more and more impressed with Sergachev each shift. He's so calm for a 19 year old. He is going to struggle at times but if we've held onto Giraffstr for this long and tolerated him, this process should be painless. He's composed for the most part.

Reactions: Iceman

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It doesn't matter who's in Dotchin or Sustr, we need someone else in the lineup on the backend either Koekkoek or see what Cernak has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad