GDT: 10/3: Devils at Islanders: 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I really hope Wood and Speers don't make it this year. It worked out well for Zacha it seems. I'd rather Wood get a year of professional hockey and play significant minutes rather than play 4th line here. I think Speers can dominate in his last year of juniors.

Remember when we had no young forward talent...18 months ago lol

Speers can play with this team now, because he does the little things and plays smart hockey and takes care of his own end. Wood I would send down to AHL for a little seasoning but he's not far behind.

Wood was also on the PK on a regular basis tonight and did well.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I just don't see Blandisi making the team. He has talent but a little short on smarts. How many penalties did he have last night? Also, has he even scored in preseason.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I just don't see Blandisi making the team. He has talent but a little short on smarts. How many penalties did he have last night? Also, has he even scored in preseason.

I'm not worried about him not scoring. He's a playmaker. Devils sure need more creativity, especially in the bottom 6, and he's got plenty of it.

Wouldn't mind if he starts the year in Albany, either.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Yea, I don't really have valid reasoning as to why Blandisi should stay up other than it's nice to watch a player have the confidence to carry the puck in and make a play or two. Other than that, I'll leave it to the stat folks.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
How is the arena up there? Old school?

I like the idea of the satellite preseason games(feel the same with Albany games), how bout a preseason game the Hobey Baker in Princeton?

Haven't been there in a few years, but it's a little bit on the older school side compared to some of the newer places out there today, certainly not ancient history though.

Cool little place, all seats are above the boards and the top bunch of seats are wood bleacher style seats.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
obviously didn't see the game last night and I know its preseason. But even so, not very promising losing with your full squad to an NYI team who I don't see as anything more than halfway decent.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's preseason and the defense is going through an adjustment phase. Right now, half the defensive core is brand new to the team and most of us envisioned these bumps occurring along the road.

The lack of discipline will even itself out, I'm sure. Hynes has been emphatic about it all preseason long and I'm sure that will continue. Better to work that out now rather than later.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Speers can play with this team now, because he does the little things and plays smart hockey and takes care of his own end. Wood I would send down to AHL for a little seasoning but he's not far behind.

Wood was also on the PK on a regular basis tonight and did well.

The good thing about Speers is we can give him a few games and send him back.

I agree on Speers though, he's a ridiculously smart hockey player.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
On penalties, refs might also be more ticky-tacky about calls in the preseason. I remember the Devils running into penalty problems last preseason, too, but I thought that it wasn't really an issue during the regular season. Just a thought, but hopefully there's a reduction in the number of penalties taken by the Devils won't the puck drops for the regular season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
On penalties, refs might also be more ticky-tacky about calls in the preseason. I remember the Devils running into penalty problems last preseason, too, but I thought that it wasn't really an issue during the regular season. Just a thought, but hopefully there's a reduction in the number of penalties taken by the Devils won't the puck drops for the regular season.

Yeah this is also true.

I remember for a good two months into the season last year there were some very weak calls. I think a lot of us get used to the way the playoffs are refereed as well which doesn't help in comparison.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yeah this is also true.

I remember for a good two months into the season last year there were some very weak calls. I think a lot of us get used to the way the playoffs are refereed as well which doesn't help in comparison.

Yeah, we go from the playoffs, where almost anything goes, to the preseason, where refs are a bit whistle-happy, so it's hard to make the adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad