GDT: 10/3 6pm Sharks @ Ducks - Final Preseason Game

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Honestly, I'm betting 25. He's like the epitome of repeat offender. They will give whatever they deem is the maximum penalty at this point I bet.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Honestly, I'm betting 25. He's like the epitome of repeat offender. They will give whatever they deem is the maximum penalty at this point I bet.

I admire your consistency.

I agree that Torres has frequently broken the rules...but my issue is that I think it is a silly rule he is breaking. I don't like the charging and the targeting-from-across-the-rink, but I don't see any issues with hits to the head. If you want to avoid getting hit in the head, keep your head up and be attentive, or stay out of dangerous areas. Both come with a cost.

obvious agenda is obvious

Somewhat true, but hockeyball has been very consistent in his view. Unlike many others who (and they admit it) will bend their ideals for a Sharks's player.

Raffi is probably getting 10. As he should. It was a stupid play, especially in a meaningless preseason game.

Yes. Preseason games are more about dusting off cobwebs than they are about "sending a message".

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
I admire your consistency.

"I agree that Torres has frequently broken the rules...but my issue is that I think it is a silly rule he is breaking. I don't like the charging and the targeting-from-across-the-rink, but I don't see any issues with hits to the head. If you want to avoid getting hit in the head, keep your head up and be attentive, or stay out of dangerous areas. Both come with a cost."

Are you kidding?
Well if everyone hits like that. I´m pretty sure that someone dies there someday, because players are so fast nowadays. That is totally disrespect for other players if they think like that.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I see a hit to the shoulder which jerks his head. If he hit the guys head directly going in as fast as he was I'm pretty sure he isn't getting back up right away.

The stool hit was about the same. NHL will say principle point of contact was the head, even though initial point was shoulder.
Then fine Wilson if he complains.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Torres will get the book because he's Torres, and a shark or two will be injured by dirty hits that get nothing. Par the course.

This hit got 0 games, which gave Hannan a concussion and he missed about 2 weeks.

NHL has a history of screwing the Sharks.

Todd Ewen was signed after Ulf Dahlen had his neck kneed by Murzyn.

The NHL will not protect the Sharks. They need their own goons to do it.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
NHL has a history of screwing the Sharks.

Todd Ewen was signed after Ulf Dahlen had his neck kneed by Murzyn.

The NHL will not protect the Sharks. They need their own goons to do it.

What about Owen Nolan's suspension for his hit on Marshall?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Are you kidding?
Well if everyone hits like that. I´m pretty sure that someone dies there someday, because players are so fast nowadays. That is totally disrespect for other players if they think like that.

Players are not astronomically faster than they were just a few years ago (when hits to the head were allowed). I didn't see players getting killed out there.

Again, it is relatively easy to avoid getting hit. Keep your head up and on a swivel, and/or stay out of dangerous areas. Both issues will limit your abilities offensively.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
I don't like the charging and the targeting-from-across-the-rink, but I don't see any issues with hits to the head. If you want to avoid getting hit in the head, keep your head up and be attentive, or stay out of dangerous areas. Both come with a cost.

Wtf? Getting repeatedly hit in the head is NOT a good thing. Hockey doesn't need it and it can be avoided. There's always a risk of an accident, but hitting someone's head on purpose is DUMB. DUMB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad