GDT: 10/23/2014 - Arizona @ Minnesota - 7PM CST - 3AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
With better pp we would be scoring about 3 goals per game. once they figure it out Wild should be good.
And your confidence that the PP is going to get figured out is coming from where exactly? It hasn't been figured out since Yeo arrived, no reason why they will suddenly get it now.

Slick Willy*

Dumba was okay. Some bad shifts and some good shifts. Still VERY young (20). What were you doing when you were 20?

It's critical we develop him right so he can be all he can be. Play him more frequently with Suter. Whether we send him down if it merits it, then so be it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dumba was okay. Some bad shifts and some good shifts. Still VERY young (20). What were you doing when you were 20?

It's critical we develop him right so he can be all he can be. Play him more frequently with Suter. Whether we send him down if it merits it, then so be it.

He's going to make mistakes... he's a rookie who plays a risky game to bring offense. Let him make the mistakes and grow.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I think it's funny that FS-N keeps talking up how we have the most shots per power-play of any team in the league.

Well...duh. If all our power plays last the full two minutes, we're gonna get more shots than those silly teams who actually, you know, score and end the power play.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
vanek had a assist but looked pretty meh otherwise. I feel through (5 games) koivu and vanek are still looking for chemistry. I won't make a decision if it was a bad signing until midway through next year as it takes most hockey players a year too adjust to a new team.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
And your confidence that the PP is going to get figured out is coming from where exactly? It hasn't been figured out since Yeo arrived, no reason why they will suddenly get it now.

I'm not saying it will be top10 but in the middle of the pack is enough because Wild is very good 5on5 team and good pk.

MaPawlys96

Aug 31, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know how to feel about the game tonight, we got the W but we looked better in the two losses in Cali. We looked uninterested tonight and once again, Vanek was very unimpressive...

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I think it's funny that FS-N keeps talking up how we have the most shots per power-play of any team in the league.

Well...duh. If all our power plays last the full two minutes, we're gonna get more shots than those silly teams who actually, you know, score and end the power play.

:laugh:

Somehow I never figured this out. Very funny that it is so obvious but I never figured it out myself.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeah, i fully expected dumb mistakes from Dumba and I think we can afford to cover for them, and really shelter him vs high power teams. Not a good game, but he'll learn. Can't wait to see him get to the point where he can unleash that shot more than a couple times a night.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't know how to feel about the game tonight, we got the W but we looked better in the two losses in Cali. We looked uninterested tonight and once again, Vanek was very unimpressive...
The days off were taking a toll, and then it's hard to get up against a mediocre opponent after such a break.

They'll be back in gear on Saturday.

Slick Willy*

It's not as much our fault as it was AZs. We didn't really have to do much on them to get the win. We out shot them and I believe had numerous more quality scoring opportunities.

It was just a boring game. Not right, or wrong - just boring for some reason tonight. It happens. Just glad I didn't kick $200 out down at the X tonight expecting to see a ton of fireworks.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
He's going to make mistakes... he's a rookie who plays a risky game to bring offense. Let him make the mistakes and grow.

Yeah its hard to say that we would want him down in Iowa will a losing team? But he has to be playing a lot if he's up here with the Wild. This is game 15 or 16 for him but his first shift looked horrid. The goal that was disallowed was his turnover but he's still pretty young.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, i fully expected dumb mistakes from Dumba and I think we can afford to cover for them, and really shelter him vs high power teams. Not a good game, but he'll learn. Can't wait to see him get to the point where he can unleash that shot more than a couple times a night.

I like Dumba with Folin better than Prosser or Ballard... Folin is just a better all around D-man than both, and also has offensive instincts of his own so he seems to read the play the same as Dumba offensively and thus knows when Dumba's going to go for it more.

MaPawlys96

Aug 31, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
It's not as much our fault as it was AZs. We didn't really have to do much on them to get the win. We out shot them and I believe had numerous more quality scoring opportunities.

It was just a boring game. Not right, or wrong - just boring for some reason tonight. It happens. Just glad I didn't kick $200 out down at the X tonight expecting to see a ton of fireworks.

I just felt like we didn't play with as much speed or determination as we did vs LA and ANA but yeah I'm sure it had to deal with AZ

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Bench Vanek...2-3 games and than he scores.

I'm not so sure if he's the kind of a player who would be sparked by a demotion/benching. Could make things worse, he's already squeezing the stick as it is.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got home from the game. Besides how boring it was, I took a lot of notice in Brodin. Arguably the best skater on the ice. Kid is going to be a stud. So happy we have him locked in for 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce