clear-eyes-full-hearts-cant-lose1138797-canvas.jpg

full

full

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Only thing I know is Sale enters middle innings of game 7 with a lead
All hands on deck for sure

Houck hasn't pitched since game 1, so I think he's the first option if Nate gets bounced early for some reason. Then depending on situation (how big a lead, lefties/righties due) you can put either Sale or Pivetta in to lock it down.

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All hands on deck for sure

Houck hasn't pitched since game 1, so I think he's the first option if Nate gets bounced early for some reason. Then depending on situation (how big a lead, lefties/righties due) you can put either Sale or Pivetta in to lock it down.
Is Houck ok ? Seems odd

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Eovaldi is a gamer. He's gonna throw until his arm falls off tonight, or until his services are no longer needed.

If I could be greedy in this one, I would prefer the Sox to win a barn burner. Let the Astros put up an 8 spot or something, only for Boston to remind them that the bats are still very much alive and win it 11-8

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is Houck ok ? Seems odd

I haven't heard anything about him not being okay. I think that the situation for him to enter a game hasn't naturally popped up in the last 4 games and him giving up the homer to Altuve in game 1 (which I still think Alex Cora is to blame for) has maybe made Alex shy away from bringing him in for short high-leverage situations. He could've come in in middle relief in game 3 but Eovaldi being on his normal bullpen side day made him choose that route instead and save Houck for the next day, but we didn't need him because Sale went 6.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
This series has been so up and down, an emotional wringer for us lifelong Sox fans. I never predict in baseball or hockey playoffs. Nate will give everything he’s got and probably more if Cora doesn’t pull him early. Since I can’t watch the Bruins( annoyance expressed in the other thread:ha:), my full attention is on the Sox, hope I’m posting in Game 7 thread tomorrow :crossfing

Here we go Red Sox, Here we go:clap::clap:

and for good luck: YANKEES SUCK!!!!:snide:

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Because the only other options are

1. Danny Santana in for Renfroe

or

2. Moving JD to the OF, Schwarber to DH, and Dalbec to 1B. Dalbec has looked absolutely lost an overmatched at the plate all playoffs.

pretty much. Dalbec is 2 for his last 31 last I checked

Hot Dalbec wore off. This is the kind of player he has always been. He’ll carry you for weeks then disappear for weeks

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Renfroe is like when Charlie Coyle goes on one of his 20 game goalless streaks and we keep telling ourselves he's due but never quite breaks out of it. At least they pushed him down to 8th behind Arroyo, who has been producing well all postseason.

As for taking him out of the lineup, it's not like Bobby Dalbec has been any better, and that switch just makes your OF defense worse.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
pretty much. Dalbec is 2 for his last 31 last I checked

Hot Dalbec wore off. This is the kind of player he has always been. He’ll carry you for weeks then disappear for weeks
I think the issue is when he starts he is good but as soon as he is on the bench and used in pinch hit situations he struggles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad