Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Philly plays a tough game on Tuesday against Dallas before coming here

Coming off a five-day layoff, the Flyers will try to slow down the NHL's highest-scoring team, Dallas, when they meet Tuesday at the Wells Fargo Center.

The Stars (4-1), led by linemates Jamie Benn and Tyler Sequin, are averaging a league-best 3.80 goals per game. Seguin centers left winger Benn and right winger Patrick Sharp, a former Flyer who won three Stanley Cups with Chicago.

"It's probably the best offensive line in the league," Flyers defenseman Mark Streit said after Monday's practice at the Skate Zone in Voorhees. "They have a lot of speed, obviously, and a lot of skill. You have to check them really tight and have good gaps and don't give them a lot of time, if possible.

"We have to defend them as a five-man unit."

The Flyers are coming off consecutive shutouts by Michal Neuvirth against Florida and Chicago. Steve Mason, however, is expected to be back in the nets Tuesday after missing two games because of a family medical emergency.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...gainst_red-hot_Stars.html#QW05xC6o8SFmrhPe.99

BigBadBruins63*

I will be there! Can't wait, hope they grab that win to get back to .500

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
These offdays are not for me, also when are we going to take Morrow out of IR?

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
OK it was fun for Kelly for a couple games, back to where you belong now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd drop Beleskey down to the third, move Loui up to the top line, Connolly back to PB's line, and move Kelly back to the 4th. And I'd do this despite not having seen a thing from Connolly to warrant him getting top 6 minutes.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I'd drop Beleskey down to the third, move Loui up to the top line, Connolly back to PB's line, and move Kelly back to the 4th. And I'd do this despite not having seen a thing from Connolly to warrant him getting top 6 minutes.

I like the idea. Scratch Kemppainen, haven't seen anything from him.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Every game I watch Kemppainen, he reminds me of A.Alberts as a forward....and it's not because of his jersey number either. He skates and looks like him on the ice

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Yup agreed. It might even build up Connolly's trade value (if they want to trade him) if he starts playing with Bergeron.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
These offdays are not for me, also when are we going to take Morrow out of IR?

Technically, I think today would be the first day he's eligible to come off. He played on Columbus Day, and then didn't play, so they probably would have put him on IR retroactive to last Tuesday, which is one week ago - the minimum sentence on the IR.

He was on the ice for practice, so I can't imagine he's going to still be on IR come Wednesday. If he's back, someone needs to be sent down. They dangled out the idea of carrying 8D in the preseason; it wouldn't be hard to do that, since they can send Talbot down to Providence without "fear" of waivers now. Not sure who on defense they can send down without fear.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Argh, the wait. Won't even be able to watch this one live, either...

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Line 3 looks good on Thursday, so Kelly stays, looks terrible on Saturday....and he still stays? ugh.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Technically, I think today would be the first day he's eligible to come off. He played on Columbus Day, and then didn't play, so they probably would have put him on IR retroactive to last Tuesday, which is one week ago - the minimum sentence on the IR.

He was on the ice for practice, so I can't imagine he's going to still be on IR come Wednesday. If he's back, someone needs to be sent down. They dangled out the idea of carrying 8D in the preseason; it wouldn't be hard to do that, since they can send Talbot down to Providence without "fear" of waivers now. Not sure who on defense they can send down without fear.

Yeah we didn't practice yesterday at all and tonight we are and Morrow is back, so I would guess&hope we'll take him off IR, when does he have to be taken out of IR to be able to play in tomorrow's game?

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
The bruins haven't played the "physical" style yet, which is a surprise considering all of Neely's and Sweeney's talk. Also, only 1 fight??

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Seems like Morrow played sick against Tampa, also no wonder they didn't want him on the road.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The bruins haven't played the "physical" style yet, which is a surprise considering all of Neely's and Sweeney's talk. Also, only 1 fight??

Give it time. They had 9 fights in the pre-season, over twice as many as last year, and they haven't exactly played the iron teams of the league in MTL, TB, COL, and WPG.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well, we have Rinaldo now :laugh:

But, yes, please hockey gods, no injuries for our B's!

Rinaldo won't do anything. I don't see him standing up for his fellow players or dropping the gloves. I am not impressed.

I just hope he doesn't do stupid things.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ok ok. I think we all get it Claude. HAHA... Now move Kelly back to the fourth line! PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad