GDT: 10/21/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
OT aside, and we had no idea what we were f***ing doing there....we've seen it time and time again where we let the other team stay in the game by not putting them way. You can't dare a team like Toronto to come back, bury some chances and stop playing so damn conservative.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, not surprised there.

Man these have been two terrible OTs

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
OT aside, and we had no idea what we were f***ing doing there....we've seen it time and time again where we let the other team stay in the game by not putting them way. You can't dare a team like Toronto to come back, bury some chances and stop playing so damn conservative.
The cooper shell is inevitable. You can only hope to score enough in the first 40 min because as soon as that 3rd period starts you know whats coming lol.

Oh and I know I brought it up before but I really like how improved the faceoffs have been. Need to keep that up.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The cooper shell is inevitable. You can only hope to score enough in the first 40 min because as soon as that 3rd period starts you know whats coming lol.

Oh and I know I brought it up before but I really like how improved the faceoffs have been. Need to keep that up.
Inexcusably bad coaching then, great. Perhaps when Tampa's defense was top 3 in the league(and Vasy was in God mode), that strategy was somewhat effective; now, it will be a continued recipe for multiple blown leads and many extra L's.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I had to stop counting how many times we retreated from puck retrieval opportunities that we would have likely won. Forget trying to win 50/50 battles we just gave them way too much real estate because we wanted to let them try and beat us.

When Cooper first entered this league all he preached was being aggressive, WTF happened?

Reactions: Tampa22

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Inexcusably bad coaching then, great. Perhaps when Tampa's defense was top 3 in the league(and Vasy was in God mode), that strategy was somewhat effective; now, it will be a continued recipe for multiple blown leads and many extra L's.
Keep your kinks to yourself.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We had our chances in the 3rd period. Point had a breakaway, Stammer had some grade A's, Kuch had his big chance at the end. Who better to have the puck on their sticks in those situations than those 3? One goal puts this game away and unfortunately we couldn't find it. Frustrating, but if you want a bright side, we're headed in the right direction. The 3 games of Buffalo to Vancouver to Toronto has been an upward build compared to the mess that was in Ottawa and Detroit.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Fire Cooper.

It's time. He's lost.
iu

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We had our chances in the 3rd period. Point had a breakaway, Stammer had some grade A's, Kuch had his big chance at the end. Who better to have the puck on their sticks in those situations than those 3? One goal puts this game away and unfortunately we couldn't find it. Frustrating, but if you want a bright side, we're headed in the right direction. The 3 games of Buffalo to Vancouver to Toronto has been an upward build compared to the mess that was in Ottawa and Detroit.

If every game from now until December was a 2 goal lead we blew in OT I'd be happy.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I had to stop counting how many times we retreated from puck retrieval opportunities that we would have likely won. Forget trying to win 50/50 battles we just gave them way too much real estate because we wanted to let them try and beat us.

When Cooper first entered this league all he preached was being aggressive, WTF happened?
Pittsburgh, Washington, and Columbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad