GDT: 10/20/14 - 9:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Edmonton

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Also, when we get fully healthy...

I'd be okay with sending Namestnikov back. He's not a bad player, and he's had his taste, but it kind of handcuffs us having him when he's not ready for real responsibility. Our #3C has to be able to PK. I think it's time to put TJ back at C between Drouin and Connolly.

Ya, I think Namestinikov isnt quite ready yet. He is a solid call up player, but he could use a year. Plus, I'd rather see Johnson get moved back to center, even if its only on the third line. Johny isnt a good winger. Hes a great center, but a bad winger.

ThirtyTwo

Jan 8, 2012
Love all the " Wish we played in the East" comments from them, not like we had an off night on top of injuries beginning to pile up. Tough loss, but Drouin was everything we had hoped for. Was definitely a treat to watch tonight, hopefully tomorrow the Veterans don't take another night off and waste another two points...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whelp. I've had a fair amount of bourbon. I expected to lose this and here we are.

I'm disappointed with Palat and Filppula this game, but everyone is allowed a night off.

If I see Carle in a dark alley, though. All bets are off. I'm tired of his shenanigans.

We need Cally and Gudas back to get some chutzpah back in our game.

Drouin looks ready. Really ready. Folks best be on notice.

I think they all took it on the same night.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I need to drink heavily now.

We sucked, and please with Cally be minor and only day to day.

Having your strongest start of a season in your career and now this crap. How the hell did he get hurt? He did not get hit by a puck or anything.

WTF with Palat and that pass? It's like the top guys tonight did not want to be there. Next year don't even go to Edmonton and just forfeit. Save time and energy.

I think they all took it on the same night.

Touche'

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Also, when we get fully healthy...

I'd be okay with sending Namestnikov back. He's not a bad player, and he's had his taste, but it kind of handcuffs us having him when he's not ready for real responsibility. Our #3C has to be able to PK. I think it's time to put TJ back at C between Drouin and Connolly.

I thought this today too.

Also, DFC and I have said it before, and I'll say it again... when your 19 year old rookie, in his first NHL game is the best player on your team by MILES and shows constant tenacity and hustle and skill, who, by the way, has played 3 games in 4 nights, and was likely jet-lagged, and at the same time, you have guys like Stamkos on the same team, it's embarrassing.

This game sucked. Flat out. Just like my run-on sentence above.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Good game guys, just stopping by to say Drouin on Stamkos wing is going to so damn deadly. Will be rooting for you guys out east.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why does everyone keep bringing up the 3 games in 4 nights? He's 19 years old, he should have energy for days.

Jun 22, 2009
Oiler fan here. I have to say Drouin looks sensational. So ****ing shifty and strong. The way he thinks the game is beyond the NHL average. It really is true, he was the best player not playing in the NHL last year. I just want you guys to answer an Oiler related question seeing as you guys watched the game, Did Yakupov make any bad plays? Do you think he deserved to be benched at all? Only asking because i know you guys watched the game and I want an unbiased opinion.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Why does everyone keep bringing up the 3 games in 4 nights? He's 19 years old, he should have energy for days.

He was sent to the AHL because of the conditioning he missed at training camp. 19 year olds can get gassed too, look at how unprepared Drouin was after breaking his foot last year. It's actually pretty impressive how much energy he had given the circumstances.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Oiler fan here. I have to say Drouin looks sensational. So ****ing shifty and strong. The way he thinks the game is beyond the NHL average. It really is true, he was the best player not playing in the NHL last year. I just want you guys to answer an Oiler related question seeing as you guys watched the game, Did Yakupov make any bad plays? Do you think he deserved to be benched at all? Only asking because i know you guys watched the game and I want an unbiased opinion.

I didn't really notice Yakupov, other than the bear hug he gave Drouin on that back check and the goal he assisted on. Probably because Eakins benched him so much/my stream kept dying :laugh:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
No news on Cally but they haven't ruched him back to Tampa like they did with Hedman sp hopefully that's a good thing but he most likely won't play tomorrow and it doesn't appear that Killorn will either.

Jun 22, 2009
I didn't really notice Yakupov, other than the bear hug he gave Drouin on that back check and the goal he assisted on. Probably because Eakins benched him so much/my stream kept dying :laugh:

Drouin was pissed, he two handed Schultz in the skates while he was going off. He's way grittier then I expected. You guys got a real keeper with him.

Smart Dunsparce*

I love your team btw... hopefully hedman and Gudas comes back for you guys real soon. Hedman is doing wonders for my pool. Oh and Drouin >> Mackinnon.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Drouin was pissed, he two handed Schultz in the skates while he was going off. He's way grittier then I expected. You guys got a real keeper with him.

He has that French-Canadian temper we all saw in the World Juniors :sarcasm:

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I didn't get to see the game but I'm not real shocked considering the injuries rapidly accumulating. Need to find a way to grit out a win tomorrow night to stabilize things. Luckily the schedule is not real strong until mid-November and we can get healed up

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Two things I've learned from this game:

1) When Cooper says an injury is "minor" or "day to day", expect them to miss at least a couple weeks. Guy is always underestimating or underselling injuries. If you don't know, just say you don't know like you used to. Now he's either trying to play doctor and is awful at it, or is just ****ing lying every time he discusses an injury.

2) Not only does the team notoriously play up or down to competition, we lack that killer instinct. We rarely ever smell blood and go for the throat and that's not good. Championship teams know when to step on the throat and finish a team off. We don't.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Well, that was embarassing. WTF was Palat thinking passing cross-ice in our own zone with 3 Oilers in the way?!

I thought Bishop was fine, he made a couple great saves but didn't look good on Schultz's shot ricocheting off his stick and in. Hall undressed him on the PS too.

I liked the Connolly-Johnson-Kucherov line (they ended up scoring the 2-2 too).

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Still frustrated and disappointed with that game.

Really hoping for a better effort tonight.

If the trend continues we should be able to expect a win as we have a w-l-w-l-w-l- record right now.

On a somewhat bright side all of the l were by 1 goal so they could (should) have been w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad