GDT: 10/18 Shufflin off to Buffalo Bruins @ Sabres 7pm ET NESN, FX-CA 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Gotta say it's gotta be hard to be a Buffalo fan right now. The team is kinda beyond bad and will take a while to get a solid team again. Lord knows Buffalo has banked a ton of picks so if they draft right they will eventually look good again but right now they're awful and boring.bruins looked good-they were screening shots and cycling well. Game didn't seem all that physical and Buffalos defense looks weak.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
less concerned about the opponents, like the fact that Dougie/Krug popped one, continued chemistry from the Soderberg line.

Still going to take some more game for Seids to really start feeling like his old self I think but he`ll get there. Thought Soupy looked more steady out there tonight too

I'd prefer he start to feel like his young self...;)

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
less concerned about the opponents, like the fact that Dougie/Krug popped one, continued chemistry from the Soderberg line.

Still going to take some more game for Seids to really start feeling like his old self I think but he`ll get there. Thought Soupy looked more steady out there tonight too

I do, too. Not worried a/b it. Add up all these guys trying to get back to where they were, Boychuk getting shipped, new blood...all contributing factors to this start.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Khokhlachev tied it with 5 seconds left from Pastrnak 3-3. Pastrnak and Khokhlachev each have a goal and two assists.

I watched the game in Providence last night with Eric (Saxon Eric on HF) and we just laughed watching Pastrnak and Koko and thinking them playing in the system for Claude:laugh:

If Claude can turn Jagr and Seguin EACH into 1 goal in last 27 games in Boston, then I'm sure a couple of kids will be no problem.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
what are you talking about- just reread my thread and I pointed out Kelly; said I thought Guerin was attractive (oh, that's right we are all ****ing studs here and she doesn't meet our standards) and then I commented on her jacket

no more bongs, power hitters, or Jimi Hendrix posters....what is your issue?

My issue? It was an 11 yr old thinking that it was kind of strange that you would want Guerin Austin's jacket as the player of the game award, I would guess? And he was joking :laugh:

If you got worked up about that, maybe you should be smoking some medical Mary Jane? :D

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oh and LOL @ the snooty ~it's only buffalo~ comments thoughout the game when this team hasn't even hit .500 yet.

I know right?

Funny how when the Bruins are losing, this place is jumping yet when they win, no matter who the opponent is, you can hear crickets.

I don't care who the team is and what their record is. A win is a win.

This game is exactly what they needed. It was their reset button. They simplified their game and got back to the basics: passing, winning battles and working as a unit.

Congrats Sveddy! I hopeMiller is ok as well.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Just what the doctor ordered is right. Start feeling good about things, start looking forward to the next game. Nothing can stop that.

1dce5dcef73301aa776e05adc26c9160.jpg

Oh **** me.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I watched the game in Providence last night with Eric (Saxon Eric on HF) and we just laughed watching Pastrnak and Koko and thinking them playing in the system for Claude:laugh:

If Claude can turn Jagr and Seguin EACH into 1 goal in last 27 games in Boston, then I'm sure a couple of kids will be no problem.

I was at the game, I can tell you about it -- had a post in the Providence thread.

Your boy Knight was impressive to me.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I thought Svedberg fought it a little bit, but he came up with all the big saves. Really all that matters. Bergeron line needs to play more. I'm guessing he's nursing some injuries right now though, so can't really complain too much.

Thought Krejci played a strong game. Lucic and Gagne simply aren't at his level right now.

Hamilton finished with 25+ minutes, 2 points, and a +3. Was every bit as good as that stat line.

Soderberg is in the Bergeron/Krejci class without the proven playoff success IMO. The sooner he's locked up the better. He elevates the play of everyone around him. Capable of carrying his own line.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just what the doctor ordered is right. Start feeling good about things, start looking forward to the next game. Nothing can stop that.

1dce5dcef73301aa776e05adc26c9160.jpg

Oh **** me.

This post gave me a revelation. I need to buy a Bartkowski jersey and a wig.

Scariest Halloween costume. Best part is I'll be able to re-use it next year, too!

I thought Svedberg fought it a little bit, but he came up with all the big saves. Really all that matters. Bergeron line needs to play more. I'm guessing he's nursing some injuries right now though, so can't really complain too much.

Thought Krejci played a strong game. Lucic and Gagne simply aren't at his level right now.

Hamilton finished with 25+ minutes, 2 points, and a +3. Was every bit as good as that stat line.

Soderberg is in the Bergeron/Krejci class without the proven playoff success IMO. The sooner he's locked up the better. He elevates the play of everyone around him. Capable of carrying his own line.

Svedberg has looked like that for every game of his career so far. But his career is 3 NHL games. He's allowed 4 goals and has a .960 save percentage. If that's him nervous and uncomfortable, that's fine by me! :)

Agreed with the Krejci bit. Isn't a coincidence that our offense is back on track since he returned. Lucic has been a sheep all season and Gagne just isn't a 1st line player.

We set the bar really high for Dougie. Great to see him playing like we expected! Give him 1 or 2 more years and he'll be one of the better d men in the league. :) and yes, please lock up Yeti ASAP. Either that or he's going to be on someone's first line putting up 70 next season.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
I don't understand why people are complaining about Gagne. He's easily been be best guy we've stuck in that position so far this season... what do you want there instead? Hate to burst your bubble, but we're fresh out of elite goal-scoring RW's. Gagne is still on track to be one of the best signings of the offseason. Hell, at 600k the guy can net 15 goals this season and be considered a steal.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Carl Soderberg is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with in this league, and right now is my favorite Bruin.
"The sooner he's locked up the better" is exactly right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad