GDT: 10/18 LA Kings @ Minnesota Wild 5 PM on FSW, FSN

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
While we're at it, we passed on Jamie Benn 4-5 times as well. He could REALLY have helped us!

That is nothing close to the same thing, and you know it.

Benn was a late bloomer and Dallas was just the lucky team who happened to draft him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Seems like Dean and his staff finding 2nd round gems has also dried up. Simmonds, Voynov (until his off-ice meltdown) and Toffoli were excellent choices, but then you have Christopher Gibson, or taking Clifford ahead of Tatar.

In fact, the last Kings' 2nd rounder to play was Toffoli, approaching 7 seasons ago!

In fact, the last player the Kings selected who has appeared in a game for them is Tanner Pearson.

Me thinks Deano and his staff are quite overrated when you look and how far and long in between it's been since this team made any good choices at the draft table. Then you add in his terrible decisions with the team and start to question exactly what he's been doing since 2014.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That is nothing close to the same thing, and you know it.

Benn was a late bloomer and Dallas was just the lucky team who happened to draft him.

Well, we also drafted Teubert over Karlsson, Hickey over Voracek, etc.

Look I don't really disagree, I'm just mostly being a pain. I just think waxing over draft picks at this point...hindsight is 20-20. Very few around here were clamoring for Tarasenko in particular, everyone wanted ETEM. Can you imagine that instead?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems like Dean and his staff finding 2nd round gems has also dried up. Simmonds, Voynov (until his off-ice meltdown) and Toffoli were excellent choices, but then you have Christopher Gibson, or taking Clifford ahead of Tatar.

In fact, the last Kings' 2nd rounder to play was Toffoli, approaching 7 seasons ago!

In fact, the last player the Kings selected who has appeared in a game for them is Tanner Pearson.

Me thinks Deano and his staff are quite overrated when you look and how far and long in between it's been since this team made any good choices at the draft table. Then you add in his terrible decisions with the team and start to question exactly what he's been doing since 2014.

I dunno, Dowd late seems like a good pick, Amadio in the 3rd, etc.

It looks like we're getting some players but there were certainly a couple of years there (chris gibson :shakehead) where they apparently weren't focused on drafting and DL said as much this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad