GDT: 10/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gibson might be the best goalie in the league... and people on this board were actually questioning the Ducks giving him that contract.
I think you're right. I rarely listen to who people tell me the best goalies in the league are, especially when you got guys like Kevin Weekes telling me that Martin Jones is a top-8 guy in the league, despite the fact that I don't even think there's 8 teams in the league that don't have a goalie that's at least as good, if not better than him.

I do think Gibson is easily top-5 and probably even top-3. He's certainly been the most consistent goalie over the last 4-5 years, since he entered the league. There's been others who have had better years than him, but the same guys have also had way worse years and his worst season has been average and he was only 21 years old during it. The Ducks almost made the SCF in 2017 with a very poorly coached Carlyle team, but they were sunk when he got injured and Bernier had to take over.

I always thought the Ducks also made the right move by keeping him over Andersen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad