Game Preview from Matt Kalman

Milestones_zpsguafkrrn.jpg

Zdeno Chara - Needs to play 4 more games for 1,200 games
Tuukka Rask - Needs 4 more shut outs for 30 career shut outs
Dennis Seidenberg - Needs to play 3 more games for 700 games
Kevan Miller - Needs to play 9 more games for 100 games
David Krejci - Needs 5 assists to reach 300 assists
Max Talbot - Needs 3 points to reach 200 points
Patrice Bergeron - Needs 1 more assist to tie Milt Schmidt for #10 all time. Needs 2 for sole possession
Tommy Cross and Tyler Randell making their NHL debuts

Lines_2015_zpsatidzbdk.jpg

Lineup_Avs101415_zpsp4p9uq3t.jpg

Avs_Lines_101315_zpsfbii8fyt.jpg

Goalies_2015_zpsxa9galqf.jpg

jonas-gustavsson-nhl-preseason-boston-bruins-new-york-rangers-850x560.jpg

Jonas Gustavsson

wpLDQYg.jpg

Semyon Varlamov

*Lines subject to change...

Last edited:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Please let offense defence and goalie all show up for the first time this season.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Please let offense defence and goalie all show up for the first time this season.

Agreed.

I think Colorado will be tough to beat but less tough than Tampa or the Habs. Their defense looks pretty slim too-may in the end come down to who stays out of the box and makes the fewest mistakes.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Both teams have been brutal defensively. Wouldn't be shocked if that was a very sloppy, high scoring game.

Let's be the higher scoring team, eh?

Go Bruins!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I think Rask needs to play. How else is he going to get out of his funk?

One could argue that he needs to be benched for a game to "think about what he's done". Honestly, that has more to do with personality and how people react to adversity - and since I don't know Rask, I don't know which technique is better.

Plus, if you're going to try to limit Rask to 60-65 games, and Gus plays one game out of the 11 back-to-backs, that leaves 6-11 non-b2b games for Gus to play. It doesn't get much better than picking at least one of Colorado or Arizona.

Plus, you don't want Gus to get rusty. I don't want him playing PHI or NYI, so the next game is on the 27th against ARI at home - and that may be a little too long.

I'd rather have Gus play this one. Better that than to risk having Tuukka **** the bed a fourth time and THEN have to bench him in Arizona - or having Tuukka put in a decent performance and still lose, and then having him still benched in Arizona.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
First game that I can watch on TV and it starts at 10pm?

Thanks Obama.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Avs really struggle in puck possession, Krecji&Bergeron lines should be deadly against them.

- So far they've had 1 line that can create scoring chances regularly, Landeskog-Mackinnon, 4th line has good energy but the other lines have stuggled offensively but the 3rd line seemed to get better as the last game went on,
-Their 1st pairing looks great, much better than ours but bottom4 has lots of question marks too,
-Varly has looked shaky but he is a great goalie,
- They won the last game after being down 1-3 so they should have confidence/energy, got their offense going thanks to Mackinnon line.

Our top6 against Mackinnon line and we should do well, expect us to keep the puck a lot.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
10 pm? Not excited for that.

I hate mid week west coast games. 10:30 starts are even worse.

I gotta work and can't always stay up to watch the whole game.

What are the chances the Avs think the Bruins will be an easy win and play flat? Not sure what the answer is for the Bruins but I'm thinking they lose this one but it's not going to be the habitual blow out- 3-2, 2-1 something like that.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Marchand making the trip?

He's not on IR on the updated roster, and Morrow is, so I assume he's making the trip. I bet dollars to donuts he dresses in green tomorrow tho'. If he can't play on Saturday, they can always put him in IR retroactively and/or call someone from Providence up on Friday afternoon if they really, really feel they need to give two of Rinaldo/Kemp/Talbot/Randell some time in the press box and call someone else up from Providence (ie Vatrano).

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
7 pm start very excited for that.

Cross will be solid, 1st win of the year coming up.

Bruins win at least 1 of 4 games this year the time is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad