10/11/14 Kings lose @ Coyotes 3-2 OT

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I didn't think Greene was that bad, he was very physical. I just thought it was a daft idea to pair him with Regehr for the PK at the end. Doughty should have been out there after the timeout. I loved that Mcnabb hit on Doan.

In all honesty I thought the pups were hard done by on the disallowed goal, the whinger hardly touched Carter, it looked like our **** up.

We got a point after all that so its not that bad

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Well it's hard to put Brown in some situation with responsibility with the number of times he turned the puck over against the Coyotes. Get in the zone with speed, stop up, and make a blind pass to no one.

Trying hard, failing hard.

I don't know what you guys expect from Brown at this point. At his best, he's only going to create some room for better players on his line and leech some points. He's never carried the offensive load on this team and he never will.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Guess the Coyotes didn't play bad enough.... It happens... Hot goalie... lots of parity...

One line showed up... hard to win like that... can't wait to see the adjustments for next game... maybe try something crazy like switch Brown and Williams! :laugh:

King really let the team down tonight... he's good for a few goals against the Coyotes usually... (joke, but he does have a hatty against them)

Can't wait for Muzzin to come back... Well mostly because I just got this feeling Martinez will end up getting scratched despite playing well...

I want to like Sutter, but he just makes it so hard...

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Is anyone surprised by this start? It's exactly what I expected. Like others have said, first 10 games will probably be mailed in.

I kinda am. The losses aren't surprising, but the complete lifelessness by some of the team is. Kopi and Gabby especially have just mailed the first two games in. Quick was good last night, the second line has been good, Richards and Brown look better, and Doughty (while not great) is carrying a rookie. Kopi and Gabby on the other had look completely disinterested. Those two are too skilled to go through a game with zero shots on goal combined (while also getting close to 7 minutes of PP time combined). Kopi and Gabby need smelling salts because they are out of it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I kinda am. The losses aren't surprising, but the complete lifelessness by some of the team is. Kopi and Gabby especially have just mailed the first two games in. Quick was good last night, the second line has been good, Richards and Brown look better, and Doughty (while not great) is carrying a rookie. Kopi and Gabby on the other had look completely disinterested. Those two are too skilled to go through a game with zero shots on goal combined (while also getting close to 7 minutes of PP time combined). Kopi and Gabby need smelling salts because they are out of it.

He's not going to be enough of a factor, enough of the time, to get like 90 points or anything. His career average is 74. Even with Gaborik scoring 14 goals in the playoffs, Kopitar had "only" 26 points in 26 games. Kopitar only had 5 goals himself, and none after Game 7 of the 2nd round. I doubt he's going to turn into an offensive dynamo any time soon.

Everyone says the same thing at times about Kopitar every year. It's frustrating to watch, no question, but whether that's just Kopitar, or how the team plays, or whatever, Kopitar will look disinterested at times. I'm sure he's not, but maybe it's like gravity, and you just can't escape it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar is never going to be an 80-90 point player yearly. He may hit 80-85 again in his career, But he will never hit 90 points yearly.

Kopitar play's 200ft too much, and never cheats the offensive side of the puck. He also takes what Defenders give him, never forces his way into scoring areas.

Kopitar is, what he is. A top line big body Center that plays Elite 200ft hockey, that will give you 70-75 points a year. It doesn't matter who you stick on his wings.

Kopitar doesn't make Wingers better, there is only two guys in this league that elevates their wingers, Crosby/Stamkos.

Edit: Also Brown looks good if you ask me, he is moving way better this year. Brown has always been a streaky winger. Lets hope he starts a scoring streak tonight.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's a good thing Quick was sharp. No point at all without him last night.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I can't see what's going on with the Kings when they lose, I have two stanley cup rings blocking my view of the game.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Kopitar is never going to be an 80-90 point player yearly. He may hit 80-85 again in his career, But he will never hit 90 points yearly.

Kopitar play's 200ft too much, and never cheats the offensive side of the puck. He also takes what Defenders give him, never forces his way into scoring areas.

Kopitar is, what he is. A top line big body Center that plays Elite 200ft hockey, that will give you 70-75 points a year. It doesn't matter who you stick on his wings.

Kopitar doesn't make Wingers better, there is only two guys in this league that elevates their wingers, Crosby/Stamkos.

Edit: Also Brown looks good if you ask me, he is moving way better this year. Brown has always been a streaky winger. Lets hope he starts a scoring streak tonight.

Sorry but you are dead wrong about kopi. Look no further than brown and king for proof. He may not elevate them as much say crosby but he definately does make his line mates appear better.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Kopi's 1st goal was one of those 'How do you like dem Apples?' moments that left us wanting more and more.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well Kopi isn't really allowed to drive to the net like that anymore. We play a possession style game that relies on quantity of shots and dirty goals and deflections to get the job done. If he drives to the net he may score but likely will give up possession, now he has to stop at the half board and wait for everyone to setup each time, or dump and chase so everyone can setp. Once everyone is in possession, they just play the random shoot it at defenders legs and hope for a bounce and try to get the puck back game. It's a boring system, but it is proven that the dice roles our way more often than not when we stick to it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well Kopi isn't really allowed to drive to the net like that anymore. We play a possession style game that relies on quantity of shots and dirty goals and deflections to get the job done. If he drives to the net he may score but likely will give up possession, now he has to stop at the half board and wait for everyone to setup each time, or dump and chase so everyone can setp. Once everyone is in possession, they just play the random shoot it at defenders legs and hope for a bounce and try to get the puck back game. It's a boring system, but it is proven that the dice roles our way more often than not when we stick to it.

I don't believe that.

They attack the net furiously in the playoff's. The Hawks Defenders noted that nightly about the Kings.

It's just you can't do that 82 games out of the year. You pay a price for attacking the blue paint and the net. The Kings are not willing to do that all year long.

Since Sutter has put in his system, the Kings have score at 3.0 GPG in the playoff's two out of three times under Sutter.

But during the regular season they go back to that passive, perimeter offense. It's frustrating, to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad