GDT: 10/10/15 - Minnesota vs. St. Louis - 7 PM CT - FS-N/FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Good to get the win, but it feels a bit dirty. Got pretty damn close to getting no shots that whole period and turtled like hell. You can't win many games like that. Need to be a lot more aggressive.

Learn from it.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Good to get the win, but it feels a bit dirty. Got pretty damn close to getting no shots that whole period and turtled like hell. You can't win many games like that. Need to be a lot more aggressive.

Learn from it.

Gotta remember they were practically forced to turtle with all the penalties being called against us early. Set the precedent for the period.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Zucker has almost scored goals in both games, unlucky really. He's getting great chances, I see him scoring plenty of goals this year.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Gotta remember they were practically forced to turtle with all the penalties being called against us early. Set the precedent for the period.

This.

Vanek put the team on their heels. Just all downhill after that PP goal. Hell they almost survived all 4 minutes, that would have been huge.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Great to see them pull out the W tonight. Kinda had one eye on the game; was at a bar, and was also watching the Gophers.

Saw Coyle's goal. Thing of beauty.

Apparently our third period was pretty meh?

What was the word on Graovac tonight? Will he be back soon?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Came out for the player intros.

Russo via twitter:

Yeah, saw him skate out for the intros and mentioned it to the people I was out with. Thought maybe he was going to play, but never saw him out there.

I also thought it was interesting that they didn't introduce Sydor with the rest of the coaches.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Great to see them pull out the W tonight. Kinda had one eye on the game; was at a bar, and was also watching the Gophers.

Saw Coyle's goal. Thing of beauty.

Apparently our third period was pretty meh?

What was the word on Graovac tonight? Will he be back soon?

It was vintage wild. We registered our first shot of the period around 15 minutes in :laugh:

Vanek took an early double minor for high sticking that led to a goal which put us on our heels all period.

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
Hopefully they don't get too comfortable with these wins, especially with this weird schedule they got again this year. They don't play again until Thursday.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Wasn't impressed with Porter or Koivu for that matter in this game. Schroeder was playing to stay up here. Parise is still setting the tempo, which scares me if he gets hurt this team will plummet.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Ugly wins can be the best kind of win. You get through it even if it wasn't pretty... you still find a way to get those points no matter what and that's the bottom line.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wasn't impressed with Porter or Koivu for that matter in this game. Schroeder was playing to stay up here. Parise is still setting the tempo, which scares me if he gets hurt this team will plummet.

Schroeder played with a motor, but looked ineffective just like preseason. That kind of play won't keep him here IMO.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
brodz was a trooper , teams sometimes have to let good people go to open up a roster spot. im disappointed in the wild's play so far. i know its early but both avs & blues looked more prepared. we got lucky our talent won those games not 60 min effort.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
brodz was a trooper , teams sometimes have to let good people go to open up a roster spot. im disappointed in the wild's play so far. i know its early but both avs & blues looked more prepared. we got lucky our talent won those games not 60 min effort.
It's nice that the team is in a place where talent can carry them. Now get the 60 minite effort up to par, and you've got a pretty scary team.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
for sure we will get back up to speed. i just hate to see the #1 penalty kill looking so so and i think were one of the fastest teams but you wouldn't know it watching games 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad