OT: 10,000 Pt XLIV - Guitar Things

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I just made the decision to go to Albany, NY for a Judas Priest concert - I've decided I'm not going to wait for a closer show and potentially miss out forever on this (given the age and health of the members). I've ignored or missed plenty of other bands that I should have just gone to see - Motorhead, Rush, Bolt Thrower, Heaven and Hell - so I've decided to take the opportunities to see these favorites when I am able to do so.

But perhaps more interesting to this board is that I've also decided to take a detour and spend a couple of days in Cooperstown, at the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I got tickets to their "Hall of Fame East-West Classic" game. The East-West game was the all star game in Negro League baseball for thirty years, so this event is a tribute to that.

Apparently some ten Hall of Famers will be participating, along with a number of other former players, and one of the last surviving veterans of the Negro Leagues will be there, so this should be interesting and poignant.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
*gasp* Youtube has whole episodes of Scrapheap Challenge/Junkyard Wars on it! The ones with Kryten from Red Dwarf! Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Still had sticker on ATM card so decided to stop by bank to confirm activation and (rarely used) PIN.

Pull into driveway and there are a bunch of cop cars with doors open. Pull out. And drive around block. At other driveway there are even more. (Plus two more and fire engine that arrived while I was driving around the block.)

Will have to check out news later.

• Wow
Reactions: drunksage

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Shooting in bank building. My broker is in that building. Someone posted it was shooting at a law firm. 4+ floors. Bank has separate entrance.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
While ya'll enjoyed the eclipse mania, we here in Bangkok are enjoying a "feels like" temperature of 47c/116f before noon today!

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
My boss asked if I wanted to go to Thailand for three weeks, and having been there once, I kind of begged off it.

It's just too damn hot there (south of Pattaya). Of course, so is Florida.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I survived the Tesla layoffs. In fact they're gonna be putting me through a training program to become a Maintenance Tech in the near future.
Congrats!!!

Bizz@work.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad