Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You gotta have depp!!

giphy.gif

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't get the hate for Ouellet. He has some defense issues on MAB level for sure, but from what I've seen he was one of the very few who could actually drive the play in the offensive zone, the kind of player that we needed on the PP last season. Definitely wasn't worse than Benn.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't get the hate for Ouellet. He has some defense issues on MAB level for sure, but from what I've seen he was one of the very few who could actually drive the play in the offensive zone, the kind of player that we needed on the PP last season. Definitely wasn't worse than Benn.
He was lightyears better than Reilly from what I saw

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Easy to spot, he did better with Gainey/Gautier;s team early, than his own team as the years have gone on.........man MB is a clown. Oh, wait, he had a good summer last year!!

Anyhow, As for Oullette, he will make 700k in the NHl, and 300k in the A good deal for both the player, and the club...
That’s almost 500K Canadian, he took the security for his family.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
who hates Ouellet ??

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
who hates Ouellet ??

He was shit on a lot when he played in Montréal last season, not that he didn't deserve to be criticized but imo he's not half as bad as some think he is.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He was **** on a lot when he played in Montréal last season, not that he didn't deserve to be criticized but imo he's not half as bad as some think he is.
He sucks, a nothing player, can't even hold a #6 spot. Not much else to say. It is what it is.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He was **** on a lot when he played in Montréal last season, not that he didn't deserve to be criticized but imo he's not half as bad as some think he is.
and you call this "hating"...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's basically a Laval signing with the option of calling him up. High AHL salary probably required to keep him.

Not much issue, but we're in trouble if he plays more than 10 games with the Habs.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He sucks, a nothing player, can't even hold a #6 spot. Not much else to say. It is what it is.
For the NHL squad, agree......for Laval, I guess he’s good, one of these players that’s still young and can excel at the AHL level but has no business being in the NHL.

Reactions: Runner77

Seb

Jul 15, 2006

He's definitely nothing more than a #6, but I don't think he is a nothing player and as I said he was one of the very few Ds on our team to drive the play. Could've at least helped our PP.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Are you really this picky over my choice of words? You understood my point perfectly.
not, people being a little too much or something, nope...

your point is, that's what you're showing, you think people HATE Ouellet for some reason, that's what you wrote. not going to act like I know what you meant while using a word that doesnt mean what you meant at all, you know ;)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's definitely nothing more than a #6, but I don't think he is a nothing player and as I said he was one of the very few Ds on our team to drive the play. Could've at least helped our PP.
at least two teams (Wings-Habs) think he's not even a #7.

Reactions: Holystik

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Chances are he would have changed nothing.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
not, people being a little too much or something, nope...

your point is, that's what you're showing, you think people HATE Ouellet for some reason, that's what you wrote. not going to act like I know what you meant while using a word that doesnt mean what you meant at all, you know ;)

I'm not gonna argue any more with you about me talking in hyperbole, it's pointless and brings nothing to the thread. I'm moving on and so should you.

Chances are he would have changed nothing.

You're right, but I do see some potential in him and I believe he could've done better than what we had on the PP.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Strictly from an AHL standpoint or do you see any scenario where he could actually be a viable call-up?

Unlikely, but having an additional local guy could make the fans and media happy if there's a late season push for a high draft pick.

Reactions: Runner77

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The team won more with Oullet and Reilly than with Folin and Kulak but then Reilly's game dropped with time. Probably because CJ would rather lose 2-1 than win 5-4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad