#1 Problem - Our center depth

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I don't understand how depth is a problem when you've generally got centers in the roles they're meant to play.

Richards is a top line center on most teams. This season he's been atrocious, but in terms of his career, he's a #1 center.

Stepan is a good #2 center. On and off this year, but again, probably a 2C on a good chunk of clubs.

JT Miller has come onto the scene as a good option as a third line center. I can't believe he didn't score against the Habs tonight. Most impressive thing about him is his physical play and his faceoff ability, two things young centers usually struggle with early and often.

Boyle can play center and does a lot.

Newbury is an OK option on the fourth line. At this point, I don't think we can afford to not play him. This team lacks grit. It desperately needs more of it. Not less. Newbury has a good track record with faceoffs, too.

It's not depth. It's lack of production. Blame it on the system, the players, whatever. The players are in the roles they're meant to play.

totally agree.. if gabs and richards we're playing like they should... issues wouldnt be magnified.. this teams goes as they go.. Pyatt, Powe,Halpern asham isnt even close to equal to the depth we lost though in feds dubi aa prust mitchell... i blame sather first and foremost for not trying desperately to try and keep together an ECF team together.. nash trade you have to make, but not trying to keep some of those other guys like Mitchell prust and feds, just for chemistry reasons not skill reasons is mind boggling and is inexcusable..

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I think the biggest problem is that both miller and boyle are getting top 6 minutes and they shouldnt be. miller should be on the third line and boyle on the 4th. Now we know both are Torts guys but i think that would be a better option than giving these guys minutes they shoudnt have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad