1 on 1 with Jets and Moose forward Morgan Barron

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

When the Jets acquired Morgan Barron as part of the Andrew Copp trade most folks didn’t know a lot about the Halifax product. Of course having his college teammate Jeff Malott as part of the organization made it a smoother transition (which Jeff and I discussed back in early August). Morgan and I spoke this morning as he gets ready to conclude summer on the east coast and head to the prairies for his first ever Jets training camp.

Topics:

1. How has his offseason been going?
2. Reflecting on the trade from the Rangers to Winnipeg (1:24)
3. What did you know about Winnipeg (the city and the organization) before the trade? (2:28)
4. Having his college teammate from Cornell Jeff Malott on the team (3:43)
5. How pumped was he to see Malott make his NHL debut with the Jets last season? (4:40)
6. Inclusivity of the Moose (5:30)
7. Determination of his living situation in Winnipeg (6:43)
8. After playing for the Wolfpack/Rangers what was it like to put on a new team jersey for first time? (7:52)
9. Hockey is hockey but what was it like hearing a new message from a new coaching staff? (9:05)
10. Does he notice a difference in style between AHL hockey in the Central vs the Atlantic? (10:20)
11. What stood out about your Winnipeg debut in Toronto? (11:09)
12. Did his family come to the game against the Leafs? (12:20)
13. The mentality playing his first pro game in front of his family (13:27)
14. Is he the type of player who keeps mementos? (14:38)
15. Has anything jumped out at him as your “I’m in the NHL moment” in his time with New York or Winnipeg? (15:36)
16. Playing at MSG (16:35)
17. Anticipating in facing his brother Justin in the NHL. When was the last time he ever played against him? (18:00)
18. What did he learn from playoff hockey with the Moose? (19:48)
19. Scoring goals in four straight playoffs games. What does it do for your confidence? (22:06)
20. What was message from Jets/Moose for his summer? (23:06)
21. Examples of things he has been working on this summer (24:16)
22. Clean slate for everyone given new coaching staff (25:59)
23. Internal belief in this Jets team (27:33)
24. What’s up for him with his last week or so of summer (28:56)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad