GDT: #1 Devils vs Islanders: First of the Year PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDFan4Life

Jun 25, 2009
Canada
Jacob Josefson in my opinion has had one hell of a game tonight for us. He has continued to impress me in this game every time he is on the ice.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Matteau doesn't look too shabby. That one missed pass by him to Kovalchuk was the only negative I noticed, but I'd chalk that up to inexperience and Kovalchuk not being on the same page. Matteau's seems like he has some good hockey sense. He's looked pretty decent so far.
For an 18 year old who was drafted 29 last year, it's a great sign.

I'm more impressed with the fact that I haven't seen him out of place defensively. It's just one game and I want to see how he does against tougher opposition, but he does already look like a Devils forward should defensively. Very impressive for a rookie coming straight from juniors.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm more impressed with the fact that I haven't seen him out of place defensively. It's just one game and I want to see how he does against tougher opposition, but he does already look like a Devils forward should defensively. Very impressive for a rookie coming straight from juniors.

He made a point that NHL play is a lot more systematic and structured, which is easier to play than in the Q. I never really thought of that, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad