1,900HP Mustang - Breaks Record as Fastest Stick Shift Car

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Mustang Breaks World Stick-Shift Record
This car, in particular, is an absolute beast on the track boasting a TKM generation one V8 engine, which pairs with the twin-turbo system to produce 1,900 horsepower. All of that intense power is sent directly through a six-speed manual transmission that utilizes an H-pattern to send this beautiful red rocket flying. This is highly noticeable on the quarter-mile, where it ran a 6.81 at 208 mph. Such an incredible time is usually challenging to capture in a manual transmission vehicle, but this guy managed to pull it off with ease.
This car is only meant for the best drivers, and this is no problem for this guy as he is officially the fastest racer ever to hit the drag strip because he has finally broken the world manual-quarter mile time record. The fantastic thing about this race is that this man was competing directly with the previous record holder in the lane next to him.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
how in f*** hell can you handle that kind of torque with a manual? what on Earth does that clutch feel like?

Reactions: TaLoN

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Probably like the old Nissan skyline r32 clutches...2 feet on the clutch, one on the gas;)

The Ferrari 512TR was also like that.

I drive a 2020 Subaru WRX (base model, not STI) and the clutch on that is shockingly light.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
can you even call that a mustang though? lol just plain friggin ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad