PoQUxT5.png

g6xU0zN.png

tt2JVvE.png

pq3lOTZ.png

RlQDYzR.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We've been playing really well these last few games so hopefully we can keep that up this game.

The 3rd line still needs some time to get things together, they've been good in our own zone but without a natural scorer they sometimes struggle to read each other in the offensive zone, like last game when Cally made that great play winning a battle along the boards against two or three habs players and no one was there to take a pass but Paquette showed up on the other side of the net but the bad angle made the pass bonce to a habs player instead which was bad and if someone would have been on his side of the net instead it could have become a good scoring chance but hopefully with some time things will get better for them and we'll see some scoring from them as well.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So tired of playing these guys. We need some more battle testing so Stevie has a better picture of what needs to change by TDL.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stamkos always says the right thing.

He does, a lot of his pride being tested. Flip and cally have also been sidelined and overshawdowed. But we can't rely on one line . TKO did not even score ES last game was the 3rd and 4th line that did. I like to see more balanced scoring like that.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'd really like to see some serious scoring tonight. 7-8 goals would be good, preferably from people outside of the TKO line just to boost their confidence a bit.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Connolly scored last game with a line that included Filp and Paquette. I think Filp/Connolly could be good combo. I'd like to see Callahan returned to first line with Stammer and Drouin. Connolly on third with Killorn and Filp. And Paquette with Boyle and Brown on fourth for this game.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Man I really want to go to this game but ticket prices have really gone up. I guess that's what having a winning team will do.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Connolly scored last game with a line that included Filp and Paquette. I think Filp/Connolly could be good combo. I'd like to see Callahan returned to first line with Stammer and Drouin. Connolly on third with Killorn and Filp. And Paquette with Boyle and Brown on fourth for this game.

We have to do what's best for the team, I thought KFC was starting to really get going and then coop changes it. That line with Paquette has no chemistry at all. I thought the line of Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan had been good. They scored a few goals in the short time they were together. Coop has basically created one scoring line and one shutdown line. We have been winning but still not sold on these lines and cannot rely on one line when the opponents are going to get tougher and better as we approach the playoffs.

It's annoying because players were dropped off not because of how they were playing but how Stamkos was. I think Stamkos has been even worse now and it's showing now on the scoresheet that he is struggling. 5 points in the last 10 games that is not good for Stamkos.

I would not mind seeing KFC together again, and then throwing Drouin up with Stamkos and put Paquette on the 4th line. But to have a guy with no assists when Stamkos needs a set up man? Makes no sense. Connolly can score which makes him better suited for another line since the top line has stamkos. Not so much the 4th so put him on the 3rd.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
We have to do what's best for the team, I thought KFC was starting to really get going and then coop changes it. That line with Paquette has no chemistry at all. I thought the line of Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan had been good. They scored a few goals in the short time they were together. Coop has basically created one scoring line and one shutdown line. We have been winning but still not sold on these lines and cannot rely on one line when the opponents are going to get tougher and better as we approach the playoffs.

It's annoying because players were dropped off not because of how they were playing but how Stamkos was. I think Stamkos has been even worse now and it's showing now on the scoresheet that he is struggling. 5 points in the last 10 games that is not good for Stamkos.

I would not mind seeing KFC together again, and then throwing Drouin up with Stamkos and put Paquette on the 4th line. But to have a guy with no assists when Stamkos needs a set up man? Makes no sense. Connolly can score which makes him better suited for another line since the top line has stamkos. Not so much the 4th so put him on the 3rd.

Agreed - Connolly can be trigger man with Filp and Killorn. And Callahan can grind the pucks for Drouin/Stammer. It will be another 20 games before Cooper figures it out though...we all know Cooper's pace by now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Agreed - Connolly can be trigger man with Filp and Killorn. And Callahan can grind the pucks for Drouin/Stammer. It will be another 20 games before Cooper figures it out though...we all know Cooper's pace by now.

The regular season is tune up time. As long as he has everything figured out for the playoffs it doesn't bother me.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

While I love that unit I don't blame Cooper for trying other things, there is also a risk you take when you have those 4 forwards on one unit and that is if you get like 4 PP's or a 2+2 or 5 minute PP that you ideally want some balance but also to make sure that you can have those players for ES play as well, but now I'm happy that we have them like that and hopefully we'll see a new and improved PP and we'll also be able to find a 2nd great unit that may play differently but can also be effective since we do have several great players who can play on the PP as well and we'll see them get some time as well, especially, as I said, we would have several PP's or a longer 2+2 once where we have the chance to score more than once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad