Ik9NCs4.png

fcLS6aV.png

uzypoxg.png

A30WHHA.png

[nhl]2014020648-608-h[/nhl]

Dv7sq52.png

Boltsppy

Jun 10, 2014
Well we lose this and next one against Vancouver and instead of calculating who we could face in PO we can calculate which top prospect we will draft

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We need secondary scoring. At the halfway point into the season just two players broke the 10-goal plateau - which is a joke for the same group that lead the league in goal scoring last season. Filppula, Callahan and Killer have played 39 or 40 games each out of 40 so far. Yet Callahan is shooting at a 6.3% rate (5 goals), Filppula's S% is at 7.8% (4 goals), Killer's at 8.7% (6 goals). Palat and Johnson were out for quite some time, but their S% (5.4 and 6.9) is nothing to write home about either. We can't rely on Namestnikov, Marchessault and Boyle to score the goals we're missing game after game.

We've heard the same stuff in pre-game and post-game interviews - time to walk the talk.

Go :bolts!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This could be ugly. I remember Edmonton giving us scares and fits the past couple seasons. We managed to rally on them then, but this team doesn't have it in them to bounce back any more so look out.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
As my college football team floundered, as my NFL team disappointed yet again, as my MLB and NBA teams missed the playoffs, I reassured myself, "At least I have the Lightning".

Now what the **** do I have?!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
All good guys, McLellan will trot out Schultz for 23+ minutes to lead the defense, and Hunt (an Ahl'er) is on our 2nd pairing. Should cure your scoring woes!

Hopefully it is a 6-5 barnburner or something at least entertaining for us.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
All good guys, McLellan will trot out Schultz for 23+ minutes to lead the defense, and Hunt (an Ahl'er) is on our 2nd pairing. Should cure your scoring woes!

Hopefully it is a 6-5 barnburner or something at least entertaining for us.

Schultz vs Stamkos, the battle of the -9s

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

So Tampa haven't won a game in Edmonton since 2007? Yeah I'm thinking that I won't stay up for this one but hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow regreting it but with the way the team has been playing there is a bigger chance that I'll wake up being glad I didn't stay up until like 6 in the morning on a Saturday.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Schultz vs Stamkos, the battle of the -9s

Justin Schultz being -9 is a testament to his playing partner much, much more than his play. Should be about -20, can barely make an outlet pass right now, confidence totally shot.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Well we lose this and next one against Vancouver and instead of calculating who we could face in PO we can calculate which top prospect we will draft

Honestly, if we're going to miss the playoffs I'd rather we suck enough to pick high. Would love to get any one of Laine, Puljujärvi or Juolevi.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
Honestly, if we're going to miss the playoffs I'd rather we suck enough to pick high. Would love to get any one of Laine, Puljujärvi or Juolevi.

Torilla tavataan!

But laine would be my wet dream. That shot is just pure gold. Reminds lot of somebody called ilya. Me likey

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wait. Did we scratch JAM? i.e. the only guy who looks like he knows what he's doing on the PP (when he's on it) and a guy who has more points than Tyler Johnson, despite fewer games and WAY fewer minutes?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Torilla tavataan!

But laine would be my wet dream. That shot is just pure gold. Reminds lot of somebody called ilya. Me likey

Yeah, I just want a good Finnish prospect in this organization. We have Ikonen and Tammela but they're probably never going to amount to anything. Would make it even more interesting.

We have Filppula though. Yay, I guess? :help:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't see that on Twitter. If so that's a new level of Cooping.

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 5h5 hours ago
Last two on ice are Marchessault + Carle, hunch is they might be scratched tonight #TBLightning. Would mean Condra and Nesterov likely in

Need offense?

Cooper Thought Bubble: "Hmm.... I'll scratch the guys who score... Genius."

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well Carle doesn't score, but yeah.

I think the logic is back to back, so better work in guys.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 5h5 hours ago
Last two on ice are Marchessault + Carle, hunch is they might be scratched tonight #TBLightning. Would mean Condra and Nesterov likely in

Need offense?

Cooper Thought Bubble: "Hmm.... I'll scratch the guys who score... Genius."
Carle up for the Norris?:sarcasm:

But yeah, if we've already "given up" on JAM to where we are going to start sitting him, just bring up Drouin and send him back down. That or waive Condra.

Or maybe we are giving Condra a chance to prove his worth? Then they waive him? THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad