GDT: 1/8/15 | Minnesota vs Chicago | 7:00 PM CST, 2:00 AM Suomi | FSN, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Today, the State of Hockey lost a great man.

B61pDvNIgAAQQP5.jpg

j_p_parise010815aa_07.jpg

Parise with the Minneapolis Bruins, 1964. Strib Photo Gallery

RIP, JP Parise. 1941-2015

XKlTrL.jpg

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
RIP JP, I hope when I have a child that my relationship with them is anything like the one between Zach and JP.

Also I can't see this game going well.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see how they come out. First game after the "meltdown" incident. Playing for Zach maybe. A lot of reasons to be motivated, hopefully they come out of it with a win.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I have a good feeling about this game. Lots of bad things have been happening as of late, maybe the team focuses in on all the bad and turns in a solid winning effort.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Yeah, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see how they come out. First game after the "meltdown" incident.

People have stronger reactions to losing a video game save. As much as I'd love for this team to win and especially against God's Blackhawks, I'm going to be disappointed if all it took for this team to get going was overhearing Mr. Rogers talking to a car that wouldn't start.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Whelp, NHL Network means despite paying for both cable and Gamecenter, I don't get to watch this one. **** NHL Network.

Hope they win one for the Parises, for Yeo, and because **** Chicago.

In that order.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
People have stronger reactions to losing a video game save. As much as I'd love for this team to win and especially against God's Blackhawks, I'm going to be disappointed if all it took for this team to get going was overhearing Mr. Rogers talking to a car that wouldn't start.

That's why I put meltdown in quotes ;)

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Come on Zach, play the game of your career tonight for your dad and make a moment in history non of us will ever forget!

rip JP.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Russo said in his blog that hes still waiting to confirm zach will not play, does not know for sure yet.

with that said, if zach decides he wants to play, he will play and that could be an hour or so before game time.

edit: nvm no roster move now that its passed 4pm imply's he will in fact not play.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No Kuemper, Parise, or Scandella.

Instead, we get Schroeder and Blum. :cry:

NHL.com
The Wild made a number of roster moves, recalling forward Jordan Schroeder, defenseman Jonathon Blum and goaltender John Curry from Iowa of the American Hockey League. Schroeder and Blum are expected to be in the lineup.

bananaslug

Oct 2, 2009
between liking the ducks and the wild the injuries between the two is so sad it's hilarious :help:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This is by far the most injured/illness-ridden season I have ever witnessed for any of the teams I cheer for, college or pro. It's just insane.

Were you following the Wild a couple years ago when Warren Peters was in the Top 6?

Woof

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Were you following the Wild a couple years ago when Warren Peters was in the Top 6?

Woof

Oh God, Warren Peters :laugh:

Maybe it's just because there have been no real long term injuries this year, just a constant turnstyle of guys in and out of the lineup, but this season feels like the worst. (High expectations coming into the season may factor into it as well)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
No way was Parise playing tonight. He should take all the time away that he needs to be with family.

As for the Wild, if I were them, I'd be playing with a fire lit under my butt. I can think of a handful of reasons why they should be playing with motivation tonight. They should be playing with emotion....with a purpose. Throw everything out there.

But knowing them, they'll probably roll over again.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
It's just one kick in the balls after another with this team as of late.

Enjoy the freebie points tonight, Hawks. :(

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I'm actually kind of surprised he isn't playing. Him going out and playing like a ****ing animal just seems like something a Parise would do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad