GDT: 1/7/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good first game for him - didn't look especially shaky and can't blame him for either goal, although he is a bit too aggressive stepping out of his crease for my taste.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
By the way great game for Domingue! I'm thrilled for him. Hopefully this isn't his only action. He looked legitimate out there tonight. I have nothing against Budaj but conventional wisdom say to stick with the guy who is 10 years younger. He's clearly too good for the AHL and put up okay numbers on bad Coyotes teams. Other than Budaj what do we really what do we have to lose?

Reactions: T REX and Master P

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
By the way great game for Domingue! I'm thrilled for him. Hopefully this isn't his only action. He looked legitimate out there tonight. I have nothing against Budaj but conventional wisdom say to stick with the guy who is 10 years younger.
Wouldn't Budaj have to clear waivers to get sent down? Would they risk it?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wouldn't Budaj have to clear waivers to get sent down? Would they risk it?

Maybe not just now because they really need an NHL vet with the Crunch. But Budaj's leash is probably gonna get shorter and shorter. They don't need to waive him just yet...they could also just call up Domingue for back to backs. If he continues to do well Domingue should be backing up Vasi during the playoffs though.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We're all such drama queens. Tampa remains first in the league and we were all so sad after the Ottawa loss last night, myself included of course. :laugh:

Clearly the Lightning need to go 82-0 or we RIOT! :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
The crazy thing is that suggesting that we could be unbeaten right now doesn't feel entirely ridiculous.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Win #30. That's three times more than the Coyotes.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
Domingue win us this game. He's good.
Trade that 6 GA vasi bust for a 6 round pick. :naughty:

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Did anyone honestly foresee Dan Girardi being this useful on our team? All the comments from Rangers fans had me quite worried about the pickup before the season, but Stevie Y proved me wrong once again. Girardi is constantly blocking shots, making solid decisions, and occasionally providing offense as we saw tonight. I like having his presence on the squad.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did anyone honestly foresee Dan Girardi being this useful on our team? All the comments from Rangers fans had me quite worried about the pickup before the season, but Stevie Y proved me wrong once again. Girardi is constantly blocking shots, making solid decisions, and occasionally providing offense as we saw tonight. I like having his presence on the squad.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lightning-sign-d-dan-girardi-2-years-3m-aav.2365799/

Some, including me, did:nod:
Rangers fans originally started to hate him for his contract but you know how it works. In no time he was the guy they blamed for everything. Well, they're not better now, aren't they? Surely not defensively...

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Someone should bump that up for some post-win lolz.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

The Tampa Bay Rangers/New York Lightning continues to work out for us (Cally was good for us on our Cup Final run, don't @ME) Stralman, Boyle, Girardi have all been solid for us.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The Tampa Bay Rangers/New York Lightning continues to work out for us (Cally was good for us on our Cup Final run, don't @ME) Stralman, Boyle, Girardi have all been solid for us.
Stralman has been a god-send, and I honestly miss Boyle a lot, he was great for us. I still root for him on NJ.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
cut.jpg

1. NHL.com has the picture up for the game. I LOVE everyones reaction in this. This was right after the Kuch goal. I think the team needed a win like this one tonight.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
cut.jpg

1. NHL.com has the picture up for the game. I LOVE everyones reaction in this. This was right after the Kuch goal. I think the team needed a win like this one tonight.
Kuch's celly was a thing of beauty; he doesn't normally show that much emotion (at least of the positive variety).

Reactions: Master P

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Salty Detroit announcing included

LMAOOOOO gets better the more they keep talking
Lmao, just combed through that thread again - lots of booing, cussing, and even a Matt Carle comparison or two. :laugh:

Without even looking it would not surprise me if I made the Carle remarks. Definitely thought them at the time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Detroit GDT is hilarious, bunch of 12 year old girls. Venture for a read if you need a laugh.

They think they lose all their games because the officials :laugh:

Reactions: DaBolts

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This stuff happens like at least once per season. He blocks some shot where most players are out months, and he's fine. There was a running joke among Ranger fans that he basically had robot parts. Glad he's contributing so well for your team. If you guys need some rentals at the deadline and want to add more former Rangers, Nash, Grabner and Holden are available. McDonagh and Zuccarello are also options, but that would cost significantly more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad