Pre-Game Talk: (1/6-1/11)Week of the divisional sandwich (Chi, Ott, Dal)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Thanks Mars!

Also disappointed no one is asking about Duchene.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the crappy season. Roy really is doing the best he can with what he has whether its from injuries or poor personnel decisions. Props to him for staying positive about it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Chambers at least asked once. That's where Roy got into the "he's the heart of the team" response. Basically they know how bad he wants to produce and are trying to help him was his answer.

I still can't believe how they spent 15 minutes asking him about nonsense. They actually played the Yeo tirade for him!! He can't comment about another coach, they should know that.

Seriously, I suggest sending them Qs on twitter every Thursday morning just so they might have some sense on what to ask him better next time.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Chambers at least asked once. That's where Roy got into the "he's the heart of the team" response. Basically they know how bad he wants to produce and are trying to help him was his answer.

I still can't believe how they spent 15 minutes asking him about nonsense. They actually played the Yeo tirade for him!! He can't comment about another coach, they should know that.

Seriously, I suggest sending them Qs on twitter every Thursday morning just so they might have some sense on what to ask him better next time.

Seriously, they were asking him about other coaches, baseball, etc... basically anything but questions Avs hockey...the segment is supposed to be for us fans to know what's going on with the team, if they're gonna ask him stupid stuff then there's no point to the segment.

I am glad they finally asked about Berra (though it was a fan question), and it pretty much sounds like Berra's tenure is basically over here. Hopefully Sakic and Roy will be more careful with handing out extensions before they have even really played for the team.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I went with a sweep. Cheating though, as I voted late. Bright side is that 6 of you are wrong already :).

As for the softball questions and not asking what we want to know...there is a good chance that Roy (or someone in PR) has told them to avoid asking certain questions. The Berra one being a fan question implies that a bit...they can ask it, but not suffer the backlash. Roy does not have to give these interviews, and if they keep harping on things he doesn't want them to, then he stops doing them. Then we get nothing.

Plus, for some reason, reporters think we want to "get to know" athletes/coaches in a more rounded manner. I could not care less about a player's taste in movies or hair gel or whatever, when they can't score goals or stop pucks. Or a coach can't make line changes without a too many men, or the PP can't generate chances. Off season, sure, why not...but not near draft or early in FA...too much other stuff to be asking about.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They've had much better interviews on the radio before, he's given some decent info at times. I'll just hope for better next time but I'm sending some Qs too. And Roy being on every week at the same time and giving 30 minutes signals a contract so money is exchanging hands there in some way.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Dallas game is going to be huge. Really wish Dallas was still playing horribly.

Dallas gives EJ the most trouble because the top line is so fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad