BRUINS GDT 1/5/19 - #42 - Backes is Back!- Bruins vs. Buffalo Sabres - 7:07 pm ET - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If we made a trade with STL, odds are schenn wouldn't play tonight and depending on who is involved we may need a call-up, right?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If we made a trade with STL, odds are schenn wouldn't play tonight and depending on who is involved we may need a call-up, right?

Usually when a trade of this magnitude happens it isn't leaked, it just comes out of nowhere. I'd love Schenn but I wouldn't hold my hand on my you know what waiting for it to happen.

Just being Realistic here, but you never know as its been reported no-ones safe in St.Louis, which will of course make rumors fly for players and teams that will make sense and sooner or later every dog gets his bone.:laugh:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I read the Backes us Back at the top and thought is it just me or
I have absolutely no excitement of reading that..... Maybe meant
With a little humor..
Even if theyd want to trade him...he has 0 value..
At least he scored vs MTL ....he softened me up a little with that goal

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
College Line back on

I like Backes being there.It can't hurt, as Jake and Krejci seem to be building some chemistry together and Backes is a great team player who can do all the little things to help.

Now, I hope Cassidy puts the JFK,Heien and Donato line back together and then you have Kuraly and Wagner who's looked good together and with Cave being scratched it looks like Accairi but if these are the lines I like.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully the Bs can keep the win train going. Also hope Rask has a great game. Buffalo is nothing special at the moment, so these are 2 points the Bs need to grab.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
JDB/Krejci/Backes

finally Backes gets another shot as 2nd line RW. It has been killing me that Butch hasn't done more to make that work. Backes being successful in the top 6 would be a tremendous boost to this team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I read the Backes us Back at the top and thought is it just me or
I have absolutely no excitement of reading that..... Maybe meant
With a little humor..
Even if theyd want to trade him...he has 0 value..
At least he scored vs MTL ....he softened me up a little with that goal
Be glad I didn’t post the Backstreet Boys video I was going to post at the beginning.. hehehe

Reactions: Marcobruin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Usually when a trade of this magnitude happens it isn't leaked, it just comes out of nowhere. I'd love Schenn but I wouldn't hold my hand on my you know what waiting for it to happen.

Just being Realistic here, but you never know as its been reported no-ones safe in St.Louis, which will of course make rumors fly for players and teams that will make sense and sooner or later every dog gets his bone.:laugh:

No one is saying it's a lock done deal, but if it did happen today. As @Alicat mentioned we wouldn't need a call-up anyways

Reactions: Alicat

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Ullmark has posted victories in each of his last four starts, including Thursday's 4-3 victory over Florida. He has a 9-1-3 record this season with a 2.73 goals-against average and .922 save percentage.

He's looking like he'll be a pretty solid starter as early as next year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’ll be watching TOI tonight
I'm trying to make sense of how Backes slotting in at 2nd line RW fits into all this chatter.

Like I wouldn't think he's a guy that anyone would need to be "showcased". At face value it suggests to me he's not involved.

Meanwhile Heinen's ice has been extremely limited lately even when playing well ala Thursday.

anyway not trying to turn this into the trade thread, just echoing that I too am very interested in how TOI shakes out tonight.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm trying to make sense of how Backes slotting in at 2nd line RW fits into all this chatter.

Like I wouldn't think he's a guy that anyone would need to be "showcased". At face value it suggests to me he's not involved.

Meanwhile Heinen's ice has been extremely limited lately even when playing well ala Thursday.

anyway not trying to turn this into the trade thread, just echoing that I too am very interested in how TOI shakes out tonight.
It’s definitely an odd move especially bc Backes isn’t exactly fleet of foot these days .

In Bruce we trust?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The way I look at it...

The 1st line is the 1st line. Bruce doesn't like to split them up

The 4th line had been effective the last 3 games, so your not breaking that up.

If Bruce wants to give the kid line another look, the only place for Backes to go is #2RW.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Showcased in an upcoming Schenn package deal maybe. Might as well try him there if they want to go the college line for the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad