1/4 Through, Are you Happy With our Standing?

Are you happy with our current record?

• Total voters

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We're doing better than I expected. For all of the softies JoJo has let in he's still played great for us.
The team also seems to be rounding into form just as Vassy is near a comeback.

So I'm pretty optimistic about the rest of the season.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am not so much happy as much as I am overly relieved that the situation is not actively on fire like it is in Edmonton. And that is what we all hoped and prayed wouldn’t happen. It has just been really bumpy and really concerning and it could have been so much worse. We're gonna have to play well to stay in the hunt and I think we can do it.

idk. Hopefully relieved makes sense as an option

Reactions: Rschmitz

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
It’s ok. In my opinion our goaltending has not been the problem, JJ has been quite frankly better than I expected. Defense (team and individual) has been chaotic and not sure how much can be attributed to the new system. Here’s to hoping things will click going forward because if they don’t…I fear Vasy can’t save us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It’s ok. In my opinion our goaltending has not been the problem, JJ has been quite frankly better than I expected. Defense (team and individual) has been chaotic and not sure how much can be attributed to the new system. Here’s to hoping things will click going forward because if they don’t…I fear Vasy can’t save us.
I agree with this. I know JJ has verged on bad sometimes but the losses to the Leafs in particular keep me up at night. That is just total system failure vs like what we saw last night vs the Jets where we just didn't win. Even vs Boston he gave up bad goals and we won

When Vasy does come back we need to play better in front of him than we did JJ

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
8-6 record in regulation is pretty good, can't really complain about that. 3v3 OT nonsense has cost us a couple points, but even though we've played more games than anybody, we're really not in bad shape overall; none of the teams outside the playoff spots have the combination of points and games in hand to make up their deficit on us, so it's really nothing to worry about.

The bigger concern has to do with defensively, and not just goaltending when I say that. We've bottom 1/3 in the league in terms of shots on goal allowed, and if Vasi's facing a lot of shots, he's also going to have some struggles. We don't need to be top-10 in the league in this stat but it would be nice if we could get closer to the middle of the pack.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It is what it is with this team. We don’t have the ceiling that we had in prior seasons but I’m still entertained watching them every night. I voted “slightly worried” because I don’t have high expectations this season. We survived without Vasy but the schedule is going to get harder and we don’t know what his form will be.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We did better than we should have, despite playing poorly a lot of the time. Not sure how that bode for us, but in terms of standings, we just needed to stay in the race, and we have.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Well, I think the main target for this first quarter was to not dig a whole that the team would have to get out of during the rest of the season. Which they haven't done. If they're good enough to make the playoffs, they'll do it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
am I happy?

giphy.gif

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Somewhere between "we're ok" and "pretty happy".

Considering the circumstances, I'll take it. Nobody is hugely underperforming imo, and some other guys seem to finding their game now. Just make it to the dance.

Reactions: DFC

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Just gotta get into the dance, then see what happens. Doesn't matter if we're #3 seed or WC

Edit: as long as we don't play the Leafs rd 1. They own this team now with 4 choked away 2 goal leads in a row.

Reactions: Hoek

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
As I said previously, many thought wed be here or at worse position cuz of goalie, but goalie isnt a reason, I honestly dont remember a game when we lost because of goalie, maybe it was 1 game. From one side I m not happy where we are cuz we could get more points if we not lose those game at 3rd periods, from other side without 1st goalie, we are in PO spot, I am more happy than not.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Suprised is a better word. Still concerned about scoring. Kuch Point and Hagel are on pace to have career years. The pieces parts of the bottom 6 just does not have the pop to supply depth. Vasy is going to have a load on him. His first game great Lee see after 5 games if he has any limitations. I bet he is sore today. But he looked good last night.

Reactions: Peacefool

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think comitting long term to Cierlli at this cap hit is a mistake. We could have used that for an actual top6 center or top4 defenseman. Sergachev contract is alot but he is signed for below market value.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think comitting long term to Cierlli at this cap hit is a mistake. We could have used that for an actual top6 center or top4 defenseman. Sergachev contract is alot but he is signed for below market value.
I don't actually hate Serg despite how much flak I give him. But that contract is not a bargain. Cale Makar is by far one of the best contracts in the league. Hedman too for what we're getting. If Serg is to be worth the money it's not by putting up points, doing the shuffle and punching dudes. He needs to play smart hockey. If these ridiculous brain farts we keep seeing get any worse he'd be Seth Jones and Darnell Nurse. And Serg freaking smokes those dudes. He's better than that and we all see it. We all know it. He lacks consistency

Like tell the dude it's game 5 vs the NYR or something. He might have been our best player when the pressure was on

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
But Cirelli? Yeah my man needs to be more productive. I know it's your job to grind but grind a damn goal for me Bubba. That contract is turning into an albatross unless he's gonna put home 10-15 points in the playoffs

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad